Register now to get rid of these ads!

Happy to find the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DarkKnightGC, Feb 16, 2012.

1. DarkKnightGC

DarkKnightGC

Hello out there! I just became the owner of a 53 Chevy 210 Sedan. Solid car, but in project condition. Chop is done, just needs a bit of body filler. I'm not new to turning wrenches but I don't have a lot of money to put into it. I'm looking for a nice mix of power and looks. I hope I'm in the right place, as I see things can get a bit tense if you're not careful with your words. Of course, I really don't give a shit. I'm going as traditional as hot-rodding gets: Doing my own work to make my car the coolest and fastest on the block, no matter what block I'm on. I just hope I can get some good pointers and advice from those who have done it.
    But enough about me.... Let's talk about the '53. 11k original miles, straight 6, 3 on the tree. Every original piece is there except for a few inches of metal that were removed for the chop. My immediate plans are for a gasket kit for the engine, brake system rebuild including a split MC, and drop the shifter to the floor. I will also redo the interior with new carpet/headliner, lowback buckets, reupholster the rear, and redo the door panels. I want the interior to look nice front to back- top to bottom. I'm looking to do matte black exterior and black interior. Future mods will (hopefully) be new front suspension and drivetrain. I have a 4-bolt 350 that has been on an engine stand for 10 years wondering where it will end up and I'm glad it will finally have a home. Thanks for checking me out, and I look forward to hamb-ing it up.

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

welcome from missouri

3. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.

4. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Howdy from Spokane, There's only one word here that ya gotta be careful of, and it certainly ain't "shit". But you sound like the type that would never use the "R" word. Soooo...WELCOME!!

5. DarkKnightGC

DarkKnightGC

Ha! Nope. Not what I'm looking to do.

6. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome from Minnesota !!

7. JMD82

JMD82

Welcome from Texas!

8. robleticia

robleticia

Another warm Texas Welcome!

9. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

10. marman1950

marman1950

Sounds like a great project. Lets see some post!