Register now to get rid of these ads!

Untitled title

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by PMLNA, Feb 12, 2012.

1. PMLNA

PMLNA

I'm the fng and not really sure of protocol, hope this works out. I have called on this site quite a few times lately looking for answers to a few Mopar mysteries and ford 8.8 rear axle puzzle pieces. Liked this site a lot so figured I would enlist. Been into rods since grade school in the early sixties, when a simpler world prevailed and it seemed like everyone was into cars. I was once a wood Pattern Maker before Mr. CNC took over the world, as a matter of fact I worked on the last set of pattern equipment that will ever be built by hand off a blue print on a Major automotive engine project, some of the Viper components and the iron v 10 Dodge truck motor at Seaway Pattern in Muskegon, MI.
    Tried to build a rod a couple times through the years but marriage or kids or mortgages bla bla took precedence over the rod budget, no complaints but now I'm retired, kids are all set, wifes all happy for the most part so I am finally working on the bucket list. And The list is short, it's a 36 Dodge truck, an open wheeled no hood low slung bobber that is kind of a rat rod but a little less chicken wire flooring and a little more sound performance parts. I absolutely love this rat rod freedom of expression and parts options, it really is an art form and I'm lov'n it. Oh yea, I guess I'm kind of long winded. I will in the future keep that in check. PMLNA ....Over and out.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. You are probably on the wrong site.
    Try a rat rod site.
    This is definitely not one.:eek:

3. spooky30a

spooky30a

c'mon dude let the guy have he's say.....

@LIFESTYLZ
    its not a big deal dude welcome hope you enjoy your self..

just keep the rust bucket stuff to your sale and these guys won't get up in arms over a car not being "perfect" :D

4. Spooky, Why is it the new guys to the site just don't get it?
    Including you ...

5. Welcome from NorCal ... gotta love this place, read alittle and explore, cool site... out.

6. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Welcome from Texas! And yeah, careful with the "R" word... A lot of guys around here will try to hang you for it.

7. badshifter

badshifter

Since you are into freedom of expression, let me express that rat rods are not what the HAMB is about at all. And to the "what's the big deal" posters, you don't get it either.
    If you truly are into rats, no problem. A simple change of forums is all you need to make you happy. So if you want to build a rat, welcome and see ya. If you seek tradition, welcome and see ya around.

8. .............................Well said, badshifter.

9. spooky30a

spooky30a

do you really want me to tell you your a tool or should you just see it for your self????

:rolleyes:

funny you have a rat rust bucket as your profile pick guy so get over your self!

10. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Texas!

11. johnboy13

johnboy13

The HAMB is also not about 70's street freaks.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671112

Pot meet kettle.

12. cl350rr

cl350rr

Welcome from VA

13. You go right ahead.
    I am only saying what is fact.
    Go do some more reading before backing the guy bringing rat rods here. :D

You must be looking at some other rat rust bucket.
    My Lincoln is far from that .. :eek::eek::eek:

14. badshifter

badshifter

As I clearly stated in that post, I warned that the content is not traditional There is a huge difference in thinking the HAMB is home of the rat rod, and posting Pics of a bygone era.
    Nice try though.

15. Diamond N

Diamond N
    from Indiana

Welcome from Indiana...Glad to see your keeping the '36 all MoPar...

Good Luck...

16. jacksun

jacksun

pmlna. there are aholes on any site you choose . also there are nice guys also

17. jacksun.

Awesome intro to this site you did ... :eek:

My point being .. Does no-one ever read the rules when they sign up??

18. Yawl notice its been a couple of days and PMLNA still only has one posts to his name? .... I think I will go try to end world hunger now.lol

19. bk53

bk53
    from Rowlett Tx

props to the pattern maker.

Bill

20. big bad john

big bad john

............Cajun Kenny says it best with this...I totally agree

21. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Man, Ya should've ended your intro with.... "And the list is short, it's a '36 Dodge truck.".... It all went to hell after that, The "R" word is not spoken here. It's kind of like sayin' a dirty word in front of you Mom, and it was mentioned twice in your intro. Good luck and take care in your future endeavors. :rolleyes:

22. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.