Register now to get rid of these ads!

Doug Landwer's Lincoln powered 53 Plymouth called Candy Red Coupe....who owns it??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Hey,

Im wondering if anyone has info on a 1953 Plymouth 2 door coupe that was called "Candy Red Coupe". Doug Landwer of Bakersfield, Ca owned and worked the car. The car had a 1956 Lincoln engine it, corvette grill, nerf bar bumpers, louvers in the hood, pleated and rolled in red and white by J & L Top Shop and floor shifter.

Also I have the the CA license plate number that was on the car when pictures were taken in Sept of 1959......KRL 813

This car is beautiful looking at it in b&w pictures. I want to know if its still around.

2. That Plymouth was and still is my all time favorite custom. I was talking about it last saturday with a friend, and mentioned when I hit the lottery, I will have someone like Gambino Customs clone it for me. For those who don't know, it appears in the Sept., 1959 issue af Custom Cars magazine.

3. screwball

screwball

can you post a pic?

4. Ill try and scan the artical tonight and post it.

5. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

yeah i'd def. like to see some pics of that

6. Splinter

Splinter

I think there's a Mike Landwehr on this board- maybe a relation? Something to check out.

7. Granger Perry

Granger Perry
    from Albany, WI

Sorry to revive an old thread, but do you still have that picture?