Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti Coupe Pictures and Myths

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Graffiti32, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

I have one - when Paul LeMat was at Fuddrucker's in Pasadena, I got his autograph on it with my favorite line from More American Graffiti: "80 percent nitro, 20 percent Cheetos!"

2. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

WOW!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Very nice

Oh, and ya, nice collection of bits and pieces....

3. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is what it looked like after I had Kelsey flame it for me. Kept it like this for a year and 1/2before going back to all black and full fendered (once again).
    [​IMG]

4. bizcoupeguy

bizcoupeguy

recently "wrapped" a movie inspired by this film, we hope to actually go far with it. plenty of crap on the shelf at the Blockbuster, we just want to get a piece. it's amazing that there are only a few movies that really hold the flame for inspiration, that's another thing we hope to have a part in. keep the scene alive!!!

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Sorry, I watched about a minute of the clip on your site and with the filming style and soundtrack I will pass.

Your film has nothing at all in common with AG and the subject matter (after a second look) is lame as is the acting. Posers as posted below, I like that description. :D

Good luck.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

"The Whole Strip Is Shrinkin":D

Attached Files:

7. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Sorry, I can't... Good Luck with it.

8. M.Edell

M.Edell

Not feelin it..rat rods with death metal music, and posers with lots of Tats has something to do with American Graffiti? Im lost?:confused:

9. falfas55

falfas55

The black AG55 is now in Texas. It will be put back like it was in the Graffiti movie.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. M.Edell

M.Edell

Excellent News!

11. falfas55

falfas55

I have good collection of autographed posters,t-shirts,die-cast cars from the movies actors. Most of all of my posters and art is framed.

12. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Let's see!!! Show Your Graffiti!!!:)

13. falfas55

falfas55

At this time all of my collection is packed away. I don't have anywhere to display it. Someday I hope to have a man-cave in which to hang it all.FALFA

14. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

New Post
    American Graffiti Coupe - Will Work For Storage

15. soda4u2

soda4u2

the 55 is now in odessa tx

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Not a huge fan of the AG coupe, but the info on your blog about the engine shot in the California Kid movie is really interesting. I'd always been baffled by that shot in the movie, as I knew the real Kid had a sbf in it. Cool stuff.

17. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

There is Walts Clone! I was wondering when someone was going to post that!

18. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Here is the real AG 55 chevy! This is the real deal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziBlpNVDcxM

This is the real car. Walt Bailey owns the camera car that was cloned into the specs of the the actual car from TLB.

19. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

You are on to something there!

20. JCW2110

JCW2110

HOLY SHIT!!!!!:eek: That shopping center is about 5 min from where I grew up!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

21. primed55

primed55

I remember on Walt’s old 2 Lane forum there was a thread about this car, that not only pointed out some of the horrendous changes the owners done (like the firewall) but that the front-end is missing one of the suspension pieces and if you go faster than 5mph it start to shake violently!

22. its funny all ive heard about falfas 55 said that it became a goldchainer streetrod in that video it looks just like it did in AG how old is that video

23. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

I remember once at a stop signal in Riverside Ca. cruising town and with rods at all 4 corners with all radios tuned to 'Da Wolfman', all at once voices blasted out 'Taquila'! at the same time. Yea the backgound sounds and music brings back those days clearly to me.

24. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Yeah! That was the usual thing cruisin' on E St. in San Berdoo, or cruisin' Market St. in Riverside, as there were only two major radio stations KFXM, or KMEN, and everybody was tuned to one of those two stations. It filled the air, even over the sounds of all that horsepower that was out there! So when you watch American Graffiti, and hear the soundtrack, that was a Real Thing!

25. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Hey man you are welcome! Very cool car and the original one too. Don't let anyone tell you different! I love when he launches it a little in the parking lot! When you go to this intro part of two lane blacktop and fast forward it to just before 1:20 you will see the car launch in the actual movie. It sounds very similar to the parking lot launch of the same car. Suposedly the motor hasn't been messed with too much. Check it out

Two Lane Movie. Go to 1:25
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv2qYuKIv3o

Parking lot launch. Go to 1:50
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziBlpNVDcxM

26. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

You got to look where that is coming from man I think that someone might be a little jealous that he only got a camera car and made it into a clone of the original car! Careful of that Yuku site man. Some of those guys on that site are a bunch of chainers brainwashed by the sites owner! I lurked there for a bit and they were once complaining that Denny put a back seat in the original 55 chevy that was used in TLB and AG! Who the fuck wouldn't put a back seat in the car! Everyone wants to take there buddies for rides to make them shit there pants! lolololololol

From what I can see it looks like a bunch of buddies horsing around having a good time. Don't look like goldchainers to me. Looks like it did come on a flat bed though?? Lets hope it wasn't plated! lololololololol Hey it screams 80-90s but with a couple changes it would be back to what it looked like in the AG movie.

27. evs1

evs1

28. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Here is the video of the AG 55 chevy being loaded on a trailer for its trip back to Texas where the new owner lives. Got to love youtube! lololololol Hopefully the guy will restore it and put it back to what it was and should be. Would be nice to document the rebuild on the HAMB! Someone should mesage him???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWWVg5_LWwQ

29. primed55

primed55

I've spoke with Walt on several occasions (i printed a limited run poster of his car for him), and he always seemed like a really nice guy and not at all the jealous type. I don't know why you'd call his car a "clone"? I belive he made a few changes that the orginal camera car didn't have but it's more true to the orginal movie car then the AG car is now?

30. JCW2110

JCW2110

It sucks it's going to Texas now. Now chances of seeing it at a car show or cruzing down the street are slim and none:(