Register now to get rid of these ads!

Termites and Bowties- Early Chevy Group

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29bowtie, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Ghost28

Ghost28

What do ya think?

Attached Files:

2. Yup, them's the varmints alright!

Oh, and I got thea nswer I needed from (go figure) the online repair manual...

gotta love the "if no puller is available" method which I'll be using :D

Attached Files:

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

Problem solved great. If ya want the shocks just pay shipping and i'll send them to ya. I'm trying to make up for selling the 27 grille shell out from under ya.:(

4. So bitchin'!

5. Your a good man, Charlie Brown, and no worries about the shell- I found a nice steel one for a very good price!

Will send you a PM with my info- just let me know what the shipping will be.

Thanks a TON John!

Take care, Bill

6. Jim Lohman

Jim Lohman
    from Colorado

35 here

Attached Files:

7. burnout2614

burnout2614

My 33 5 wdo. It was a dirt car back in the day. Has wood in the floor and top. Doors are steel. Body isn't straight but it'll do. The frame is a 61-64 shortened GM X. It handles really well. Joining up. peace

Attached Files:

8. crcltrakr

crcltrakr
    from Idaho

Just got a 29 Coach Body, will be building an Early Vintage stock car.

The body will be a drop on shell bolted to the roll cage, so door skins will be welded on, firewall modded, Late 6 cylinder, frame rails from a yota p/u, etc.

Just assembling my parts, removing remaining wood (and termites), 82 year old screws, etc.

Won't be using cast A pillars, cowl trim, dash etc.

Spent 6 hours today stripping wood from doors, and rough aligning rear quarters and roof section. We've only just begun....

Attached Files:

9. Jim Lohman

Jim Lohman
    from Colorado

Thought you said there was a car in the pic...

10. 8flat

8flat

Nice. The car and the girl.....

I have a '33 5w master. It's still in bare metal, progress has been slow. One thing I don't like on these is how the radius of the rear wheel well flattens out at the back. It looks fine with the fenders on, but on a fenderless car I think it looks strange, like the back portion of the body juts out too much. I'd like to change that....but that's a lot of work. Thoughts?

11. I chopped my 28...it had great solid wood all around inside the door frames.....so I chopped it 5"...inserted some 1/2" steel rods into drilled holes...then added some glue....pushed out the outer steel casing from the wood with a screwdriver and insert a steel backing plate between the wood and outer steel ( I used the chopped section I removed for the backing plate)...then I pounded the top section with a rubber mallet...I did all of the door sections like this..it's solid and straight...see pics below....In the last pic ypu can see the 2 doors chopped vs. the stock front door..

Attached Files:

12. Crestliner

Crestliner

I bought this 32 a couple months ago. Just needed a fuel pump, starter switch repair and a battery cable. All new wood and was painted, but didn't prep the body and paint is pealing. Along with 6 new tires, and new stainless bumpers. Needs little to be on the road. Probably be in the classifieds soon.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  13. Sticks

Sticks

I did the 30 Chevy about 5 year ago and drive the hell out of it in the summer months. I do have alot of pic's of this build if any one has questions etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This car was built by my oldest son, August & I. Was a lot of fun to built. Some come up and say why did you put a chevy motor in it . I just have to laugh, poor boys think it's a Ford.

Later Sticks

mgtstumpy likes this.
  14. Schlitz man......could you take a pic or two of the lower 1/4 panel area by the back door, maybe hang a tape measure over the area so i can get a few measurements off it. Redoing a 28 touring and that's the only bad area in my body now. Just wondering how close it would be from a 4 door sedan to the touring

15. price?

16. PBR...Which one would serve you best with a tape measure...???

Attached Files:

17. 6inarow

6inarow

WOW! That is nice!!

18. flamed34

flamed34

Finally made a bit of progress on my '34 Town Sedan. Put the body in black yesterday. I got tired of chasing primer, I had to see where I am. Overall, I'm quite pleased. I need to get the doors, trunk lid, hood, and trunk lid to the same point...then I'll pull the body back off to finish the chassis.

I've grown to like painting serious projects black once I'm "close"...I get a much better final result with less aggravation. I'm less likely to over-sand when blocking real paint when I get towards the end.

Eventually, this coat will all be gone...and it will be ready for the final black and flames.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  19. flamed34

flamed34

A few more pics in better light.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  20. brushape

brushape

Good to see all these chevys!!!! In the process of resurrecting a 31 tudor sedan that the termites had a buffet with. Try to get pics posted but love to b part of termites and bowties

21. My 29 3 window in my avatar, will post pics when I figure it out!!!

22. 29moonshine

29moonshine

count me in i have a 29 sedan delivery building a 35 ex cab truck now and waiting for a 36 suburban to get here that i just bought in a big box tried to send pic but can not get them to load

23. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

LMAO! I thought the same damn thing!! What car? Oh Yeah! That is a nice car!

Put a pretty girl in your car pictures and the car won't seem as pretty anymore! and you might even forget to look at the car all together!;) LOL

24. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Here's my project in the works. It's a 31 Chevy 3w with a 348.

Attached Files:

• 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      9.5 KB
      Views:
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  25. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

My 32 pickup. All ready for body work, paint and a new bed and interior.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  26. crcltrakr

crcltrakr
    from Idaho

My 29 Coach "Early Stock".

Need to Fab a Visor and top insert to complete, rules call for leaf springs all around, oem frame of some manufacturer, straight f&r axle, 6 cyl , stock valve size, stock 1 bbl carb.

Attached Files:

27. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I have a Pair of Pretty Nice front Fenders off a 1927 Chevy Roadster I need to Sell.

Anyone interestedContact me in P/M or [email protected]

28. flamed34

flamed34

A couple of update shots from this weekend. Last post was back on 352/353.

I pulled the Jag IFS out of it a few weeks ago that I had previously narrowed. I just couldn't find the right rack to ensure I wouldn't have bump steer and I decided not to risk it. I bought an old Mustang II and rebuilt it and put it in last weekend, and spend this weekend assembling fenders, grille, running boards, etc.

The wheels are '55 Chevy rims, with G78 WW tires. The tires are older but in great shape. I'm not certain if I'll risk running them or not. Anyone have any experience running old bias plys? They currently don't have tubes, but tubes would be added if I run them. Regardless, I picked up the rims and tires (5 of 'em) for $250, so I won't feel bad if I ditch the tires.

I was hoping to run the G78's on front and rear to avoid the spare conundrum, but I don't think I'll have the clearance. I doubt much will change once I install the springs on the front. The G78's have @ a 6" sidewall, and bulge out from the rim. Any suggestions on a smaller front?

Anyways, here's a few pics...and what I started with. It's starting to feel like I'll get it finished one of these days.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  29. 1932roadster

1932roadster

Below are a few pictures of the 1932 Chevrolet Roadster Car that will be going together this summer some time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  30. thewishartkid

thewishartkid