Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do I delete my account???

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by DirtyThirty, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I'd do it myself, but I don't see an option to do so anywhere. I'm not sure which/who is the correct moderator to ask, so, I'll just post it here, I suppose...Thanks.

2. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Additionally, I assume this will remove any trace of me, including all my posts??? 100% Correct?

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Nope. We don't delete accounts as it screws up every thread you ever posted on. Just press "log off" and you are done.

Thanks,

R.

4. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

You misunderstand....I don't want to be "done", I want to be erased from existence...I decided I want my privacy back.

5. abodyjoe

abodyjoe

lol. good luck with that..

6. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Will I eventually, as new posts/threads accumulate, become "erased", if I don't update anything? Or are they archived forever??? I'm asking a serious question, not breaking balls. Not that you can't just tell me whatever I want to hear, but, I'm truly curious...I really don't want to exist in a cyber-social world anymore, if I can avoid it.

7. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Doesn't work that way, the past is permanent cyber history. Change all your info as of today and start a new life but the past is recorded in so many places to disappear is impossible, but to "die" and start anew is an option. Go to any and all places you have personal info and either erase or change to false info to fill in the blocks.

8. cl350rr

cl350rr

no expert here, you understand, but it would seem the best place to start not existing in a cyber-social world would be to stop posting things...:D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  9. Once you post that's shits forever!!

10. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

You're hilarious.

11. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Exactly what I'm doing...Thanks!

12. cl350rr

cl350rr

we can still see you

13. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

go into the witness protection program

14. just drag that computer out in the front yard and challenge that sumbitch to a kick boxing match! that'll show that fucker!!:eek:

15. Hows about the 2,000 plus post count you already have? ... what you take for them? .... Im a hew'wer.

16. Wow,
    This is fresh. Man Mr 30 did I say something?

I was going to go bounce all the threads you ever started but why burn the band width. Aw hell I haven't done anything really bad lately. :D

17. It would help if you withdrew from all the social groups that you belong to and cancel all your friendships...:D

18. Or is it because I didn't send you a "Happy Valentines Day" message? :(

19. Actually I was just thinking about it and aside from being a little sarcastic like I was before it occurs to me that you simply cannot just unsay something.

years ago I said something bad about a friends mother. What I said was true but it was a friends mom and try as I might I just can't unsay it. To this day it effects our relationship, I think.

The truth of the matter is that what has been tapped in to the computer and posted on the internet is the 21st century equivelent of saying it. It will exist in cyborsoace for eternity just like the words that come out of your mouth.

I guess one could take the time to seek out any and all of their posts on here and delete them. They wouldn't actually be totally deleted as I believe that they will exist some place somewhere on someones server. But it would be worth a try.

20. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

hahahahahahahahahahahah Cajun!!! LMFAO

21. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

This is why I go by my real name most places other than the HAMB (my HAMB membership goes back further than that, and I don't really want to start over). It makes me consider real carefully what I'm about to write. That's not to say I haven't posted things here and I elsewhere I regret, but that's life too.

-Dave

22. zep058

zep058

You will probably be cached by big brother google as well. You could break into their facility and pour a coke on the server that has your details, shouldn't be to hard.

23. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I've just decided I prefer real-life friends to internet friends and, worse, enemies...I've grown up a lot over the years, and don't want to waste any more time and valuable energy in a constant sea of blowhard disputes, and one-ups, followed by healthy doses of clowning around. I've given the internet, and it's way of networking/communicating a fair try...years of it, and I cannot in any way say my life improved by it getting smaller, and more crowded, that's all. I was far happier with anonymity and a small world. I feel very little empathy with the typical user here, currently, and, though I have met a few great folks on here, if I want to find them, I'd prefer to be forced to visit them in the real world, and get some content from the time, rather then just leaving content behind for the ongoing peep-show here in cyber-space. Many of the folks I'll miss are already seldom seen anyway. Yeah, I can quit my social groups, too, I know...and I will,.I never was very social in them anyway. It takes a bit of time when you aren't permitted to leave. Thanks to everyone that ever helped me, and if you hated my guts I still wish you the best of luck, because I ain't carrying that kind of weight around forever until I'm bitter and miserable...Even if you were the biggest asshole to me, I still learned something from you...sometimes more than from the nicest folks, but the reality of it is that NO ONE acts the way the would in real life on a message board, and the courtesies, and manners cease to exist. I just think it's a suck-ass way of communicating, after reviewing it for several years, and if you think something sucks, you don't support it, if you have any kind of personal integrity. My testing is complete, and my results are in.

I'm gonna wrap up here now, because I guess this space costs money for me to waste, or whatever...I don't even know how that works, either...but I'm sure some high-and-mighty know-it-all will explain that to me in a post soon, too, in the least productive, most self-gratifyingly arrogant way possible...
    I don't even know what band-width is, and honestly, I don't want to.....I don't belong!;)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's just a message board man. Not that big of a deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.