Register now to get rid of these ads!

Recent junk yard treasures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kracker36, Feb 13, 2012.

1. '86 jag xj6 IRS complete from a pull it yard for $46

Talk about not going off of the going rate price for a part. And it was on a Monday which is 50% off day.

2. jesse1980

jesse1980

went here to a yard south of chicago and found a almost complete 66 mustang fastback in the u pull yard. i tried to buy it but the title had been sent off to the state already as salvaged. the car is still there but people must have heard about it because theres alot of parts missing now.

3. Fenders

Fenders

And as with lowkat's air cleaner, also knowing what you are looking at...
    Knowledge is power !

4. jick

jick
    from london

damn!

...thats at least $2000 worth of wheel....great score!

5. 327Eric

327Eric

Saginaw 4 speed in my Stude, 85 bucks, works great. I always walk through the import and van aisles, as that is where I would hide things i want to come back for. scored a couple 4 speeds, and some holley double pumpers that way. I once found a beat 63 chevy truck, not one straight panel, with more rust than a detroit parking lot-ripped the hood off and it was a double hump headed 327 with a mucie 4 speed, m/t valve covers torker and an afb. I scored the covers for 15, but of course by 10 the next day, i was too late for the rest.

6. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

Complete clutch pedal/equalizer bar assembly for a 72 Torino, $11. 351CJ purchased as a core. $100, 3.40-1 posi 8" center, $40

7. speed-kings

speed-kings

Two sets of finned drums of some Rivs for $60.

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My wife and I went looking for a good 8" rear on a holiday: 1/2 price day, found 4 of them. Removed 3, @ $37.50 each, took them home, then returned just before noon for the 4th.
    We were spinning nuts off 'U' bolts like the Russians were coming!

Our 'Pick-n-Pull' has a large sign (4 X 6 feet) with categories and prices of parts.

(rear axle ass'y complete: $75.; brake drum: $8, etc.)

9. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I was visiting a somewhat local yard recently and the owner mentioned an Offenhauser bellhousing laying "over there" that mates an old Ford 3spd or 4spd trans to a Buick nailhead. For $40 I thought it was worth taking home! He said it was left from when they had put a 322 nailhead in a 53 Ford.

10. tjmercury

tjmercury

A real caddy batwing air cleaner and a Buick wildcat breather both for $12. I thought it was a Hella score, now just need to find the cars to put them on!

11. johnboy13

johnboy13

I hate these threads. There is rarely anything cool at the local U-pull lots around here. If there is, I'm usually broke and only there to get away from the house for a while.

12. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

No, just a one of thousands built 283/195 hp PG car. Just goes to show you.....ALWAYS LOOK. I really didn't expect to see the P on the case, but figured it wouldn't cost anything to bend over and look underneath.

13. Got a set of seat track covers and molded armrests with trim rings from a 59 Ford this weekend with some other parts for $25. The armrests push through the back on the door panel and the trim ring sandwiches it in place. Im going to dye them black and install them in my 56 F100. Just need to slice up my door panel and find matching vinyl to build another panel for the other door.

14. 74bowtie

74bowtie

I went to the local u pull it looking for parts and came across a 1971 Cutlass got a posi 8.5 rearend out of it and a power trunk unit, then a couple rows over another cutlass 1972 got another power trunk unit. paid $60.00 for everything kept one trunk unit and the rearend sold the other power trunk unit on Ebay for $125.00

15. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

About 8 years ago found a 69 gto in a local yard with a quick ratio steering box tilt column and complete disc brakes up front and a 1.25 inch sway bar. Got it all for 150. Guy said it had been in the yard for years.

16. Gerdy36

Gerdy36
    from Iowa

My dad went to our local salvage yard picked up 1949 ford f-3 cab and front clip. Both doors open and close great. The cab was in pretty descent shape. It was just laying on the ground. Got it for free. The next week the shredder came to town and took most of the other cars. Scrap price was up!!! Hate to think how many more cars, trucks met their fate that way. The f-3 is now my current project.

17. kracker36

kracker36

Saw a Metropolitan at our recycling company today. Looked pretty nice too.

18. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

a real BRM... now that's a once in a life time item.. well at least no days... i remember back in the old days finding real GTV's at pick a park in sun valley..

19. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

BRM'S? GTV"S What are they? Anyone have pics?

20. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

Just found this '55 Savoy today at a yard,while poking around for parts for my o/t Dodge truck. I grabbed a bunch of stuff off of it,some to use on my projects and the rest just to save it from the crusher,may go back for more in a few weeks.

[​IMG]

21. Mickey One

Mickey One

There aren't many yards around here that will let you pull your own parts anymore.Also,there aren't many with older cars.I've heard of one about an hour away that i'm planning on hitting this spring.It's been a while since I got to scavange around a nice collection of metal.

22. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

Last trip to salvage yard. Youngest son an i found
    3 old chrome 3 spoke steering wheels $5 each,
    2 15in rims on a 51 ford pickup $10 each,Mac 1/2 inch
    drive ratchet "FREE" {found on one trail while searching}

23. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Yard outside Chicago I got 8 sets for 45 fin drums $15 a set. There was way more I just went thru them and got everyone with no cracks or broken fins.

24. sobpunx

sobpunx

Found this on sunday, they had a 54 lincoln that was pretty rough pulled if off the rear bumper to on my 54 ford coupe.
    [​IMG]

25. kracker36

kracker36

Found a B&M Shifter welded to the floor of a truck today. FINALLY beat, twisted, and hammered it out!

26. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

unfortunately it was not....looked to be a 4 speed car too!!