Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mini-van seat for model a sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motoandy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Please help. I am trying to find out what mini-van seat works best for a Model A tudor sedan. I have a 29 Model A and l am lookig for a mini-van seat for the front that will fold down flush to the seat bottom to access the rear the best. Please let me know what you guys are using. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. LowFat48

LowFat48

3. bustingear

bustingear

I have a 30 coupe and put in a 92 caravan center seat. About $17.00 at Pixk and Pull. Some of the middle seats are wider than others so take a tape. It is the smaller one that works.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im using the First Row 1997 Chrysler Mini van seat..its a dead fit..the next Row seat is a bit longer..it didnt want to fit with out alot of changes..if you need measurements PM me..Take the Mini van Latching mechanicals off the bottom and it fits nice.

5. brandon

brandon

think its a windstar by ford....got one in my coupe...

6. zbuickman

zbuickman

guy here in ytown is using a durango rear seat in his... its like a 60 40 bench. with rocket and fold down:)

7. Dirk35

Dirk35

8. i'm sure any of the seats recommended will fit fine.....but even of the seat back folds flat passengers will have trouble getting into the rear seat in your tudor . you may have to build a seat base that will allow you to flip the whole seat forward , like an original sedan

9. terry bosman

terry bosman

can anyone tell me how they made the front seat tilt forward to get into the back seat of the tudor sedan. I tryed the bronco 11 seat brackets they work fine but seam to tall and there is know way to make them smaller.they make the seats 11' off the floor. it leaves me 32" of head room. I have a 3" chop. thanks terry

10. I believe the entire seat flips forward at the leading edge.

11. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I used a pair of low back BesTop Jeep seats in the 1929 CCPU and Jeep seats that recline for the 1931 sedan delivery. Check out the seats in the Quadratec catalog as well as the brackets for Jeeps

12. A Rodder

A Rodder

Unless the seat Tumbles forward, it is still a pain to get into the rear easily.
    My 30 Tudor has beetle seats in it. They are mounted on tracks to slide forward and back but the only tilt forward like a standard bucket. My kids can get back there but If I have to climb back there it really sucks. Once I am back there it is great.

13. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Mine is from a mid 90's dodge (third row) and fits almost purfect!

14. 3rd row seat, 99 Dodge caravan. Fits like a glove.

Attached Files:

15. 3 row caravan in my 29 sadan as well. Fits great! At least for now. May go to vintage bomber style buckets soon.

16. nick c

nick c

I'm restoring a 29 AA. With the original seat, you sit on the floor, no adjustment forward or back. I went to a pull and save and took a bench seat from a Ford dually diesel, it cost $33.00. It folds forward and it slides front to back. I removed the fabric and foam and cut 18" out of the center of the seat and mig welded it back together. This is a big improvement over the stock seat.
    carry on nick c

17. hr31hr

hr31hr
    from PA

I am 5'10" and the top is chopped 4" but I have plenty of headroom with mine.

I used Lumina indicidual seats for the front. Cut off the stock risers and made my own rizers fron 1/8" and angle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The drivers is the same but fixed. Made the pivot mount from 1/4" x 4" angle.

The rear is a middle seat. It does not tilt but in my previous roadster all I did was cut the welds where the back is attached to the bottom frame and use a bolt as a pivit point. It looks and works similarly to an early Ford truck.

Bosman asked about the fuel tank. I used the boat tank below and made a new filler neck which I moved to the side.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  18. terry bosman

terry bosman

thank you very much .pic's are great. terry