Register now to get rid of these ads!

Buick fin drums center hubs not needed free!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frenchy Dehoux, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I have a pair of hubs from a 45 Buick fin drums I am doing the conversion to the Ford hub I am saving them if someone can use them rather than through them away you pay the shipping and you can have them no charge.

Frenchy

2. I can't swing the shipping on them or I would all over them, but someone can so I am sure you will get a bite here soon. ;)

3. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

I may be able to use them...PM sent.

4. brady1929

brady1929

that is very nice frenchy

5. I will check tomorrow at work they are in my shed. You can have the hubs with the studs and I think I also have the backing plates with the brake shoes if that is the case you pay for shipping and they are your FREE!!!!!

Frenchy

6. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

Thank you! Please let me know if you are looking for any odds or ends that I can help you out with. Best wishes, David.

7. cacf999

cacf999
    from California

8. Paying it forward. So cool. Thanks Frenchy.

9. firingorder1

firingorder1

A big tip o' the hat to you sir. Hot rodding at its best.

10. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Have found , especially with race cars, guys will give stuff away, paying it forward, but guys who are restorers always want top dollar. Any one else find that?

11. I am happy I can help someone in need of accomplishing his dream project what ever the case maybe. All about TEAM work.

Frenchy

12. On no other site have I ever seen people willing to help each other out in the common interest of hot rodding. You sir are worthy of sainthood in the church of awesomeness

13. MilesM

MilesM

Frenchy

Have you seen the adaptors made by a local guy that mount the Buick hub with drum to a Ford spindle? I have bought a few sets and have one set on a roller frame now.

14. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

David

Here are pictures of the Buick front backing plates I promised you I will weight them and let you know on the shipping charges. These backing plates were on a pair of 45 fins drums which I will be using on my next project.

Thanks
    Frenchy

Attached Files:

15. Frenchy32

Frenchy32
    from arizona

Miles

Can I stop by tonight to look at what you have. i have Wilson in Texas making me a pair of Ford hubs to fit the Buick fin drums.

Thanks

Frenchy

16. MilesM

MilesM

The roller frame is at my shop but I think I have a set of adaptors at the house you can look at and i should be around. They use the Buick bearings which are larger.

I will PM you my cell number.

17. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

Hello Frenchy.

Thank you for your efforts. I would love to have the hubs as I really do need them, please let me know how much to ship to 04055. The backing plates are not the ones that I need, hopefully someone else can use them.

Best wishes, David.

18. David I will weight the hubs and also post pictures tomorrow for you to see.

Thanks

Frenchy

19. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

Hello Frenchy. They will probably fit in one of the USPS Priority flat rate boxes. Please let me know. Thanks again! Best wishes, David.

20. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

there is a thread dedicated to paying it fwd.

21. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

Are they ball bearing or roller bearing hubs ? There is a difference in them. Ball bearing hubs are bigger and was for wider buick 45 fin drums. Good to see there is still some old school guys left.....