Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27 buick truck help! need some imagination!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by agutto13, Feb 13, 2012.

1. agutto13

agutto13

need some help as to what to do with the bed on my buick. dont know if i should run without one or a short one or massage the one thats on it! any help and ideas would be great! thanks guys. also any other pointers and advice to frame out the cab. this is my first real project thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 69f100

69f100
    from So-Cal

shorten the bed definately, but its actually looks cool. kinda has a chopped look to it. id go with it as is. oldschool show truck. rag top,

3. agutto13

agutto13

its just sittin there now, trying to decide what to do about the gap between the frame and bed. like the way it looks up there but will be making it a roadster more than likely because it has been chopped and the person who did it didnt do a very good job

4. bct

bct

lower it 3" over frame hump and then skirt the rest, leave it the same length.

5. bct

bct

i like your reaR leaf springs ....neat,

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I'd be looking into making filler panels to go under the bed, like a Ford Model A has. See if you can find a side shot of the Peter Guida RPU to see what I'm talking about.

-Dave

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

The bed does need to be a little lower and find a motor that fills the engine compartment or put a hood on it.

8. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Shorten it and skirt panels on lower. Cool ride!

9. Waterlily123

Waterlily123
    BANNED
    from londun

Me too.[​IMG]

10. agutto13

agutto13

i like the way it looks on Peter Guida RPU might do something like that. im just gonnna stick the sbc in it because i got one for free. ill stick a tunnel ram on it and itll fit better in there lol