Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bragging about build cost

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by miraclepieco, Jan 22, 2012.

1. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

ahaha, good one.
    You always have to realize that if you think its goin to be one year job, its goin to be 2 years at least. And if you think its gonna cost you 5k, is goin to be 10k at least....or better even, dont give a rats ass about costs.

2. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

I don't keep figures only keep reicpts for warranty, you never get back what you put in dollar wise. I build and drive them for me.

3. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

I do wish i would have kept my receipt's in the past. When they first came out i bought a pair of k&n cf valve covers $500. Well they lost their flatness. Warped like hell. And k&n wont even talk to me about replacment without a receipt.i told them i got-em thru jegs. Prob the only mo-fo dumbenough to. Live & learn !!!

4. Shopking

Shopking
    from central Pa

Bragging about how little a build cost is ok.But the bragger that spouts off about how high the cost was-Thats "litlle big man" mentality.

5. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Bragging is just wrong, either way.
    Paul

6. Larry T

Larry T

I'll agree that the money end of building cars should be left out of general conversation. If someone is thinking about building a car and wants to know what it costs, then I guess it's a different conversation.

And estimating costs could get pretty tricky. How much did that $10.00 part that you drove 1000's of miles and spent a summers worth of weekends searching swapmeets really cost you? :)
    Larry T

7. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

I think it's really interesting how much of a price difference between low dollar and high dollar stuff. But it's all whatever floats your boat I suppose.

8. 26 roadster

26 roadster

back in the seventies when you could get an A for $150 the $3000 was doable, now I am afraid to try and keep up with the cost. I think kripfink is right on many levels, I love my cars. I don't keep my veterinarian bills either..............LOL

9. I don't care how much folks have into their cars, that's their own biz.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I did a bare metal rotissirie restoration on an OT car to the point where it drove and stopped, but needed glass, interior, bumpers and trim done.. glad I kept track of every penny so when I lost my job and sold it I knew exactly how much I lost :(

11. 117harv

117harv

Here is a great signature for someone...or alot of us:)

12. 26 roadster

26 roadster

we need a "like" button on the HAMB