Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cheap Hot Tank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hr31hr, Feb 10, 2012.

1. hr31hr

hr31hr
    from PA

I honestly lost track. Probably over two hours. The juce was undiluted as well.

2. hr31hr

hr31hr
    from PA

No it just has low and high. I had it on high. The liquid gives off steam when you open the lid but the liquid does not boil.

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I've had decent luck cleaning sixty years worth of interior paint off old bedroom door hinges in a crockpot using soapy water. Not sure why I never thought to try it with car parts!!

-Dave

4. outlaw256

outlaw256

well dont use vinegar in the house! my wife cleaned a coffee pot with thaT crap and i slept in the shop for 2 days.that stuff stinks to high heaven!! even the dog didnt want to go in and he constantly sniffs his ass!!lol

5. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Another one to try, thanks for sharing this one.

6. 36tbird

36tbird

Not sure if this would work or if it is even worth worrying about a "shop crock", but when my wife cooks with her crock pot, she uses plastic bags that fit inside and hold all the veggies and meat. I think these bags are made to fit the pots and this purpose. It makes clean up of the pot very easy.

7. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

You might try one of those big electric turkey roasters??? They look like a big crock pot. They'll hold a 25 lb. turkey but I never tried to roast a tranny...

8. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Simple Green is claimed to be bio-degradable and to leave no residue. That being the case, maybe the pan would still be ok for food?

9. whoareyou

whoareyou

It's not the Simple Green I would worry about, it's what came off the parts your cleaning.

10. junk

junk

I've used Purex Laundry soap to clean up painted & greasy steel parts in the crockpot. Works great! Never tried any aluminum. My next plan is to get like an 18qt roaster to start cooking parts in. That would be the ticket. Or take an old steel barrel and put a couple hot water tank heaters in it!! Should be able to rig up temp control on those.

11. Maladjusted

Maladjusted

A friend of mine uses antifreeze in the crockpot to clean parts. I have not tried it yet, but he swears by it.