Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hot Rods and the homeless.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Clik

Clik

I have property in an Appalchian Mountain community that is considered a poor area of high unemployment. There's a homeless camp in town near the railroad tracks, a half block from two burger joints with help wanted signs. The hourly wage isn't all that great but the work is easy. No hot sun, no rain, no cold, no heavy lifting, no high stress decisions, uniforms, and free lunch and dinner. Easy to do a double shift which puts a person at an average wage and they still have weekends! What the
    F--k! There's a whole lot of lazy asses that choose handouts over even easy work.

2. Neglected Legacies

Neglected Legacies
    from Nor Cal

I used to have a chevy powered austin healy that occassionaly wouldn't start - when that happened, I'd look around for a homeless guy (or two) and pay them a buck to give me a push start. They always knew what I was talking about, and I was running again. But most better off people didn't get the concept - "you mean you can start it by pushing?" "so, what exactly is a "clutch"" "why don't you call triple A?" - forget it.