Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Revenuer

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bcubed, Feb 12, 2012.

1. bcubed

bcubed

Howdy all, I'm new from Montgomery, AL.

My uncle is Joe Wright who was the driver for the Max Hall Revenuer cars. My uncle Joe and I were talking last night at dinner and looking on the web for pictures and found this site and all the great pictures & stats.

I think this is a great site and appreciate what it does to document & preserve these racing legends!

I set up a Facebook fan page for the cars (57, Willys & Opel) and hope to find more pictures & information to add .... http://www.facebook.com/TheRevenuer

Bill

2. Shopking

Shopking
    from central Pa

From Pennsylvania-Welcome bcubed!

3. lincolnhead

lincolnhead
    from Marysville

welcome! from WA.

4. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana.

5. Judd

Judd

Welcome from Gautier, MS

6. 26 roadster

26 roadster

hey from Tennessee

7. bcubed

bcubed

Thanks guys, this last few days have my head spinning .. I knew about the 57, the Willys and the Opel, but just found out they were also associated with the Golden Goose/Granny Goose '69 Camaro .. I didn't know about this car but have enjoyed reading about it's history and seeing that it was restored and I found the Opel's owner and he is restoring it as well ... just wish I knew what happened to the '57 or the Willys.

8. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Des Moines, Iowa!

9. pakrat

pakrat

Welcome to the HAMB from Ohio.

10. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Texas!

11. L-Knowles

L-Knowles

My name is Larry, my Brother and I acquired the Revenuer 3 from Darryl Fore, in Flomaton, Al, who bought the car from Max, we raced it several years and were very successful with the old "57 Business Coupe".
    As time went by the paint job faded and the gold leaf lettering that Chuck Berg did so beautuful a job on, fell off and we repainted the car solid red.
    I can remember once when Max and Ann came down and went with us to the Okaloosa County Drag Strip in Baker, Fl.
    Ann always claimed the Revenuer 3 was her car, as I remember she was Little Miss Sunbeam at one time.

12. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

13. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tennessee .

14. Welcome to the H.A.M.B from Ga

15. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

16. Welcome from wisconsin.

17. L-Knowles

L-Knowles

I think that I know who still has the revenuer3, '57 chevy body, I will let you know.
    Since the revenuer3 originally ran and held the 1969 national record in NHRA, unfortunately there was nothing but IHRA strips around our area, so we had to adapt to IHRA Super Stock, which allowed more powerful engines, so we had to move the rear inner fenders in, allowing for 15" slicks, in place of the 9" slicks ran in NHRA.

18. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Welcome from Oregon!