Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halibrand Wheel Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FORD3W, Feb 12, 2012.

1. FORD3W

FORD3W
    from australia

Just looking for info on these Halibrand Spindle Mount wheels?
    they are alloy with a Wilwood brake kit.
    I have heard they were a limited production run but not sure

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. 3day

3day
    from UK

theres a little bit of info here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37973&highlight=halibrand+gen

I've seen a couple of old posts relating to spindle mounts where a little bit of info was given, think they were called Gen 2.

I've got a pair on mine, not certain but i think they were available from halibrand early 90's. Believe the company has gone through various transitions since and have offered a spindlemount again since,but that one varied again.

Must admit, i'd like to know more

Attached Files:

3. 3day

3day
    from UK

dont know if these help you, think i got the pics off the hamb a while ago, when i was trying to find out more info on the same

Attached Files:

4. These were not made in huge numbers. The aluminum versions are 15x4.5 with the built in caliper mounts. The large vented Wilwood rotors are correct for this set up as well.
    Are you looking for a value? If so, I'd say these should easily go
    for $2500-$3500 complete with the brakes. I sold an NOS pair a few years ago without the brakes (only had the caliper brackets) for about $2200 if I recall correctly.

Steve

5. FORD3W

FORD3W
    from australia

Thanks for the info guys, I was not looking for a price but just looking to find out info on what i had & if they where as rare as i was told when i purchased them
    thanks Marcus

6. brandon

brandon

Isn't ET or someone doing this style of wheel again ....in spindle mount form?

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

I'm the guy that bought that set from you years ago. I think you're right on the price. Great wheels. I love spindle mounts. This is the second generation Halibrand spindle mount with the rotor mount cast into the wheel. They were available in both Ford and Anglia spindles and yes the are aluminum. ET and Real Wheels is doing a bolt on version that looks close. The ET version is missing one of the ribs cast in the wheel. Rear wheels has a bolt on from behind that looks like the real deal.