Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bargain of the show.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Saw this at Retromobile Paris last week. Just what would you use it for??? Having spent $6700 US on it would you then be prepared to put some old rusty part in it and wail on it with a big hammer? I think not....

[​IMG]

2. I'd use it to keep my wallet shut as if i had bought it I'd never open the bloody thing again! :D

3. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

That's cheap for a Bugatti. . .

4. daddio211

daddio211

Bwah ha ha ha... AGREED!

5. dugydog

dugydog

I know what my wife would do with it.......She'd put my balls in there and wail on it with a big hammer.

6. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

Bolt it to your wife's best piece of furniture. A coffee table would be a good place to see how it goes over.

7. johncvermont

johncvermont

Perfect to display my gold bar collection.

8. KFC

KFC
    from UK

I know some one who uses one in his workshop , but he does restore/build bugattis

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

I have one worth a lot more than that,I use it everyday.....

10. Do tell..... I'm waiting for Bluto to chip in here too.

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Anyone have any Grey Poupon ????:D Ya know, there are some people that have so much money most of us will never be able to relate......me included. We went to a car show the other day "Ferraris on Fifth, and I never knew so many Ferraris existed in one town. We tried guessing how much total money was sitting there in all those cars and it has to be in the billions. If you gave me the car I wouldn't be able to afford the oil changes.

To some people $ 6700 for that vice would be like most of us running out to McDonalds. I will never know that part of life. :(

Don

12. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Excuse me, are those Bunghole Boy jeans your wearing?

13. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I guess if I had any "vices" Bugatti would be my choice!

14. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

no this one is to small an to cheap

15. If I had $6700 to spend on a vice,..I guess I would be using it as a paper weight to hold down some of the piles of notes around my house,..

For that money it should have some chrome on it as well,...

16. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I'd take it in for scrap:)

17. afaulk

afaulk

In my neck of the woods the decimal would be in the wrong place...........just sayin, you'd have to have more dollars than sense.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well for someone with a Bugatti or two in his garage that is probably one of those very desirable pieces. Bolt it to the Walnut work bench that will never get used except as a bar when the fellow Bugatti owners drop over.

But it's no more out of line on price than what one of us would pay for one of those round Texaco signs or a Mobil Gas flying horse sign. Or the original sign off a 1920's/30's Ford garage.

Cool piece though and I wish I could afford it.

19. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I am such a frugal consumer (my wife mispronounces it as "cheap fucker") that if I did have that kind of disposable income for a item like that I could not bring myself to buy it. I want a '57 Chev 4 door HT so bad I can taste it but damn if I will pay the going rate, even though I can afford it. I still to this day buy other people's discards to repair and know many of my Hamb buddies do the same thing, actually cheap therapy.

20. Wow! Let's see I could buy a car or a vise? Hmm! Decisions decisions!!

21. afaulk

afaulk

Yep i hear ya, i wish i could afford it too. Although i could see a multimillionaire not thinking much about buying that cool old vise, personally i'd build a blown 392 hemi,:rolleyes: for close to the same money