Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 59 ford truck... was I off on the price?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheTrailerGuy, Jun 26, 2011.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Good point. Over here that truck would sell for $1000 easy. Hell, I'd jump on that at that price.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Looks to me like you were both sizing up each other's apparent financial situation hoping to better your respective bargaining positions.
    The crap in his yard and what you drive have nothing to do with the value of the truck.
    It's real value is probably somewhere between what he asked and what you offered.

3. bbr

bbr
    from Missouri

here is my take on this,you are buying something for a first price of $1,000. he told you he would take 850. i came off his original price by 15% and then you offered him 500 which is 50% less than his Orginal price....hard to take that. idk about there but here scrap is up to 270 a ton, if your buying it to restore it is worth at least $100 more than scrap. i am currently looking at a real straight 59 ford 2 door and the guy hit me with a $600 price tag. i am normally the worlds worst about haggling but the car weighs at least 4k which is $540 in scrap. i dont get offended if someone low balls me on price, they can always come up just as i can always come down.

4. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

will you sell me one of your new trailers for 40% less than your typical asking price?

5. Berzerk

Berzerk

VoodooTwin, you beat me to it. If somebody owns something, they can ask what ever they want. You are either willing to pay that or not. I don't mind someone making me an offer, but if I refuse it don't get bent out of shape. Some guys think that if they make an offer, the person selling should jump on it. The difference is I am not the one wanting to buy it, so Ill decide what I'll sell it for. Doesn't matter what the "going" price is. Go buy another one if you can get one for that. A

6. So people really do use those reports ? wow . . .

7. I can`t believe that two guys were arguing over $350. I`m not saying that $350 is chump change but geez, really ?

8. havi

havi

This thread is half a year old, do you think it sold by now?

9. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

some people will ask 200 some will ask 2000 for the same truck it all depends on what your willing to pay and how bad they want to get rid of it. some times timing is everything in getting a good deal.

10. roadworthy'49

roadworthy'49

doesn't matter, as long as the FNG's can still drag shit out with some off topic question :rolleyes:

11. henry29

henry29

At $850, I doubt it.

12. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

An old friend of mine used to say : "Buy the best vehicle you can at a fair price; for every extra dollar you spend up front, you'll save ten along the way". :) (He had lots of nice cars.)

13. unclmx

unclmx
    from Atlanta Ga

Just about any car with a motor is worth $500 scrap metal if you deliver it to a crusher. People with rollbacks will pay $200-$300 for anything and they just load it up and drop it at the crusher and make a couple a hundred bucks. I used to buy these vehicles out of the fields for $100-$300 and haul them home and strip everything off that was of any value and sell it and scrap what was left. For a month's steady part time work you could make $1000. Today everybody wants $2000 for their junk car. I guess they figure you'll pay it if you are looking for a project. I'd never pay that much and you were right to walk away. You should be able to find somebody's abandoned project or even an older build to rebuild and it'll be a lot less work.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh crap, I didn't realize that. lol

15. some people think they have gold............