Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Flows on my 64 Galaxie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kingdesgn, Feb 11, 2012.

1. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

2. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

That's pretty nice. I think I like the exit for the tailpipes....will have to think about that one. For now I'm gonna run my stock configuration, but when I go bigger I may try to copy that.
    Thanks for the link.
    Bill

3. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

Yeah man, I thought that I would be a little different with running the exits that way. It sounds so much better now. The audio of the video really doesn't do the exhaust sound great justice. Thanks for the reply.

4. Diamond N

Diamond N
    from Indiana

Sounds Good...Love those 64's...

5. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

Thanks a lot Diamond!

6. Luckey7

Luckey7

Hey kingdesgn.....next time you post a video....see if you cant keep your fingers out of the lens!!!! LMAO!! J/K man! Sounds geat! Shoulda came by the house with it on your way home. Who did the exhaust work? Did you take it out to Able?

Holla,
    T. Luckey

7. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

Sup homie!! No, Able didn't do it. Joey at Auto Pro did it. He did a great job and the price was reasonable. I'll bring it by the house next weekend. Later!

8. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

Hey there Bill! Thanks for the compliment. I didn't realize that you were the person in that awesome video with that awesome ol' Gal! Great looking and sounding car. This Gal that I have is the first car I've ever tried to restore. Before I bought it, it wasn't running or stopping so I've made some headway. Take care!

9. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

I put a new system on mine this past summer from Waldron. It is a 2-1/4" because he could bend it to fit the stock hangers. It looks 'correct', has changed the sound a bit but that's ok for now.
    I may go bigger with the pipes after the engine is done and sorted out. The goal right now is to get it mechanically sound for the coming summer and then tweak as needed.
    I don't think I'm inclined to use Flowmasters, but we'll see.
    Bill

10. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

I hear ya. I wanted to run 2.5s all the way down to the mufflers until I found out the manifolds were just 2"! I was shocked. I had the builder start out with 2" to 2.25" the after the mufflers, 2.5". Sounds good. I should had waited until I placed in new headers. I think the sound would've been better. But for now I'll leave it as is.

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Sounds great. I put 3 chamber Flowmasters on my '65 Biscayne running a 550 hp 454. Headers and 2 1/2 pipes, with the big cam, I got a lot of nice comments. But punch it, it sounded uncorked.

12. I like the moredoor hardtop !

13. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

Thanks fellas!
    GG - I bet your car sounds great! At first I wanted to see what the 3 chambered would sound like until my brother n law gave me a set that I have on 'er now. Thanks bro n law!

14. Bro Tracy just found me on the HAMB. whatzzz up flo ?

15. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Sweet fer shure!!
    I like the crisp and instant response sound...
    Good for you.
    Cheers.....

16. SOHC427

SOHC427

That 4 door XL, is sure a cool car,

Makes me sad, I have a 4 door XL parts car, that's a little far gone, but is gonna help both of my 2 door, XL's stay alive!!

Sure got a pretty car, and sounds nice!
    Eric

17. kingdesgn

kingdesgn

Thanks for the kind words. I wanted to take it to the lone star rally but I'm in the process of rebuilding the from end. It's giving me quite a work out!