Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help on GM brake hose part number for Must II conversion. LOOK.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by k-member, Jun 23, 2005.

1. k-member

k-member

OK, so I put a TCI Mustang II style front end under the F-1 and I have run all the hard lines . Now I need to get a couple of flexible brake hoses to the calipers. TCI says they use 79 and up GM calipers. With the wheels turned lock to lock of course the length increases, and it looks like I need an 18" hose. So the question is...does anyone have a part number for the corect hoses I need? I know there are alot of Mustang II'ed rods out there and I would like to know wich ones you all have used. I keep getting at the brake supplier, "What year and model is your car?" You know the drill, does it have power windows, AC, AT, ect....And NO it does NOT have power brakes.
    Thanks.

2. Rocket88

Rocket88

Yeah, just went through that myself.
    I went with braided stainless, from a company called Goodrich.
    It's a modular system, the hoses come pre made in different lenghts and you buy what ever ends you need seperately.
    I went with 18" lines, GM banjo fittings for the calipers and bulkhead style fittings on the frame.
    By the time it was all said and done each line worked out to about 20 bux Canadian each.
    I was going to use S10 hoses but they were short, and not much cheaper then the stainless ones.

3. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

I bought the ones Fatmans recomended in their catalog. I believe they are 84 Buick Riviera if I remember correctly.

You should check out Fatman's catalog, they have a full page of helpful M-II part numbers and tips.

4. candy53

candy53

I know these guys are out of town for you but give them a call.

ABS Power Brake
    Orange, CA
    714-771-6549

They know it all.

5. A trick the monster truck guys use is to find two hoses that you can screw in to one another to make a longer hose. I used that trick when I put 70's GM calipers on the front of my 50 Chevy stock suspension. They mounted on the front of the spindle and required a long hose.

6. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

From Fat Man IFS instructions.

NAPA # 36959 Fits '85 buick riviera front, and accepts 3/16" hardline.

This hose is 17" long and works well on almost any disk brake setup.

Discard the steel bracket on the hose. IT accepts a metric banjo (hollow) bolt at the caliper, and fits non-metric calipers by simply passing a 7/16" drill through the caliper end block.

Hope that helps.

7. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

K,
    Bent bike in lynnwood has goodrich hoses and all the fittings you need on the cheap.
    FED

8. k-member

k-member

Thanks alot fellas, that was just the ticket. I went for the Rivi hoses. My brake buddy just ordered em up today, for about 12 bucks each and I should have them in the morning. Once we knew what to look for it was easy, I looked at so many damn hoses I was going crazy. It does say that they are about 17"inches, but I did not put my brackets on yet, so whats an inch. And yeah, I will just remove the goofy bracket in the center of the hose...And I believe the Bendix number is 77228 and 77229, a left and a right, but thats only a difference in the silly center bracket on the hose itself. Thanks again.

9. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

My friend just used '79 Caddy Eldo hoses on S10 Calipers in his 34 Ford. They are about the same length as the Riv hoses or maybe an inch longer.