Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the color of this car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordstandard, Feb 11, 2012.

1. What is the color --or should i ask the color and flat of this car

Beautiful Car

Attached Files:

2. gilles d

gilles d
    from winnipeg

wow that is nice! i like the flat

Attached Files:

3. Gator

Gator

Blue.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

4. I guessed that it was blue. :D

it is a metalic base coat and if gator says it is blue that it is a blue metalic base coat. When you are doing a color coat clear coat paint job and it is metalic you blow the metalic base coat on a dry as possible, I got a feiend that says blow it on as dry as cement. He means really dry, that gives you your best results when you clear over it. On that type of paint you can blow your base coat on with hardner and use it as a final coat if you like.

5. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I do believe thats a HAMBers car and there is a build thread of sorts for it...damned if I even know where to start looking for it though

6. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Search for 'the blue car'

As far as the color, it could be anything from a Honda color, to a GMC color. If no one on here is able to identify it, just go look at paint codes until you find something similar and you can spray it with a flat clear on top.

7. JD Miller

JD Miller

yep, looks like Blue to me too

8. Almost looks like Ford Acapulco Blue from the 60's

9. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

10. Harley Davidson puts a color alot like that on some of their bikes. I have only seen it on the "Nighttrain" personally but it was called denim.

11. GREASER815

GREASER815

I have it in a rod and custom magazine. He says it is just a PPG basecoat of Honda Blue, thats all the detail he gives though.