Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs WHOS CHOPPED OR HAS A CHOPPED 62 - 64 GM CARs LETS SEE THEM or HERE WHAT YOU DID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

were chopping a 64 caddy convertable and and want to see differant examples of chevys , pontiacs , olds , buicks and caddys that have the 62 - 64 impala top

a buddy chopped his 63 wild cat convertable 2" and cut and sank the front winshield and moved forward and down the whole vert top and just laid down and extended the rearwindow area

i like the moving the top mecanissim forward but dont want to sink the glass

were also gona chop my wifes 64 catalina hard top so this is also the reason of this post so lets se them or here what ya did

2. 22 track

22 track

3. I did a '64 GTO post car so I'm not going to be much good to you.

4. [​IMG]A friend of mine from Sweden has this one. He is D.J. on here

Martin Harris likes this.

5. BAGGEDIMPALA63

BAGGEDIMPALA63
    from VA

Thats a 64 with 63 front clip

6. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs got to be more

7. That's rad your finally going to chop Suzie's car! I don't know if these will help at all because it is a rag top, but here is a '64 Cadillac I found online...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. More... Once again just internet pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Man that '62 Pontiac is killer!

The '62 Impala..... not so much.

10. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

11. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

that sucks thats the same thing were doing to the tail lights on suzies and the car was sapose to be pink as well

12. Hahahaha it's the shitty thing about the kustom world. Everything you think you thought of has probably already been done.

13. I guess that'll change! :D

14. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

'64 Riv, 2 inches

Attached Files:

15. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Oops. Didn't read closely enough, you're not looking for this type of roof. Sorry about that.

16. This Poncho is TITS!!

Attached Files:

17. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

here is another pic of the 64 cadi,I believe bill hines did the chop,the car is from san pedro,ca
    [​IMG]

18. That is so rad!

19. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thanxs guys keep em coming

20. Pontiacs...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know this one ain't your style but maybe you could take something from the chop?...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. That's it!!!!

Hey where did you find these photos?

I haven't seen this car in years. The last I heard was that it burned and someone bought it from the insurance company. When I worked the car, Hot Rod black (better known as primer back then) was the color as shown in the lower photo.

The car was later sold to some "billet moron" who had it painted the borring silver you see and then proceeded to turn it from a cool hot rod into giant chunk of freakin' billet aluminum. :mad:

At one point I had put a '73 Trans Am shaker hood scoop on the car and that's when it really looked its best because the scoop flowed with the low-cut lines of the chop.

Sorry for the hijack but I just can't believe I'm seeing this car again. :cool:

22. It's amazing how cars get around. I'm not a pro street guy at all. More into kustoms myself. But I think you did a good job on the chop! Here is the site I pulled the photos from...

http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=lot&pic=/1964/64_00037_1

23. No sweat!

24. EurekaFreak

EurekaFreak

Wow! It's cool to see this car again! I performed the custom bodywork on it for the owner about ten years ago.. Shaved everything, extended the hood and deck-lid, custom tailfins and headlight treatment, extended the skirts and rockers down, sucked the bumpers closer to the body, etc. The owner did the chop himself and drove it around in black primer for awhile before paint.

Thanks for posting these pics!

25. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Thank you.

26. d.j

d.j

Keep em coming!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  27. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

is the owner on here

28. No problem, you did a really nice job on it.

You do know it's for sale now:D Would be cool to buy back the car you had your hand in...

http://cars.oodle.com/detail/1964-ca...-san-pedro-ca/