Register now to get rid of these ads!

Man I had a baby boy and now my prodject is on hold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gbones32coupe, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jesse1980

jesse1980

my wife i due in june and i already put mine covered in the corner. i feel ya but kids are great.

2. wallyringo

wallyringo

yeah man i know that feeling, i have a 2 year old and 7 month, they both love cars, keep allot of match box cars around, my boys never leave home without them AND.. they sale Monster truck toys, freaking great toys for boys.

3. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Most of us have been there before....that said your lamenting about your lack of time in the garage....I will echo the others and say to enjoy the time that you have playing daddy....

Additionally, just when you think you have it bad, realize that others have it much worse, babies with cancer and life threatening ailments....I was there and to tell you the truth I never once thought "I wish I could be in the garage more"....enjoy the little one...even if it means bouncin him on your hip and straightening up the garage and showing him cool stuff....

4. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

I have a boy on the way in april, My wife works 5 days a week and I work 4-10's and friday is my car day. Now it's gonna be my babysitting day.

I asked the wife if I could build a big plexiglass box with vents and just take him to the garage and set it over his carrier...........I got a quick NO on that one, Imagine that lol.

Before anyone reports me or gives me a lecture, I said it to her as a joke!

5. Keep things in perspective and listen to the sage advice offered from you Hamb family,,,we all enjoy our cars but the family comes first,,enjoy your time with your new son,,help out your wife with the chores that go along with parenthood.

As others have said,,there will be plenty of time for cars later. HRP

6. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

making the kid whaaa

7. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

If you time it right, they'll take 3 hour naps daily, and there's your window. NOW GET TO IT! Put the baby to sleep.

8. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

Never met you in my life, and chances are I never will, but I can promise you this:

The first time your boy sits on your lap behind the wheel of your '32 that you haven't touched in a year or so makes spitty engine sounds all over the wheel while pretending to drive, none of this will matter. He'll only be little for a very brief time, and it will go faster than you can imagine (though that seems hard to believe right now).

Then one day you'll be sitting together at a car show, having peanut butter sandwiches for lunch in the front seat, and you'll wonder what you did to deserve to be this god damn lucky in life.

Attached Files:

9. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

Totally understand. It's a big transition. But if you think you have no time for yourself, wait until the second one comes along. I won't try to convince you that it's all rainbows and ponies with kids, but try putting aside your '32 for a while and giving your family your whole attention. Rather than focusing on what you've lost, enjoy what you've gained. I guarantee you'll be happier.

Attached Files:

10. Abomb

Abomb

You gotta open the garge door first, though....:D

I have a seven year old hotrod fanatic...don't be selfish, your new addition does require your time and attention. Once your back in the garage, you won't believe where the time went....It seems like yesterday, while bringing my new son home, my buddy told me "don't blink, or they'll be grown up and gone" Did I mention that that seems like yesterday, and my son is 7 ???

[​IMG]

11. hrlyrdr

hrlyrdr
    from Tennessee

Man you will have a lot of cars in your life but the man child has to come first... You will not believe the fun you are about to have when the BABY is ready to ride..... Started my son out early going to shows,,, then later racing... and now he is going to have a SON... man I can't wait... enjoy it all because it ends too soon...

12. You re a Father ...now you can teach him all you know and when its time for you to go ,he will become you and you will live forever in him.oops hope thats not too churchified...
    Just get out there with him in a swing or play pen...he will remember. My oldest memory is me in a crib with a red flathead next to me in the dining room.
    Just ask ATWATER MIKE!....Maybe it was a hemi,I was kinda young.

13. BirdGuy

BirdGuy
    from Central PA

Now THAT was good!

Lots of wisdom in this thread. My only addition is that it's helpful if your old car ride has room for four. That way you can all enjoy it together & actually use it more often...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

That's why I have no babies... They suck the fun out of everything. If I want to see a baby, I can see one when one of my sucker friends who had one brings him over.

Bummer dude.

15. M.Edell

M.Edell

I have teenagers and now a 17 month old son..I know how it goes...Its not easy sometimes.

16. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Garage time in my house is past 8:30 when the kids are in bed, dishes done, and mama is happy. Noise isn't as much of a problem, but the baby's room is near the air compressor and I've checked on her before she sleeps right through it.

17. M.Edell

M.Edell

Indeed, that is so horrible.I can only imagine what they are going through...
    The cars will come and they will go..at least they have in my life.I went through a real bad time in the early 2000's and lost all my toys.Life is just that way, family is ALWAYS #1 I would get rid of everything again if I had to.

18. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I like reading all the comments. thanks guys

19. gbones
    Read the thread about the dad loosing his child at 6 weeks then, it will make want to hug your kid and your car can wait. Cherish the time as your kids grow up the time will seem to go so fast when you look back.

20. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Got the u bolts from lenny at socal in vegas now i can mount the front end and get r rollen but not this week end the baby is sick throwing up with a stomach bug. My wife has it and so dose her sister I guess dad has to clean up puke all week end. I will bet that Im going to get it too. guess I better keep a drain pan near to me too. waka waka waka! luckly I had a min to type this every one is sleeping.

21. Sorry to read your boy is sick, its an ongoing thing.
    I live with a two year old girl, and even though im not her real dad, she thinks i am. I love her to bits, and sometimes pick up her bugs. I take the good with the bad, and feel blessed to be a part of her life.

It didnt take long for her to get excited about my Model A truck. In fact, last week i sat her in the cab, and when i went to take her out, she got real upset. She has a thing for helping, and likes to hand me tools when i work on it. Its a beautiful thing.

Attached Files:

22. 48ford

48ford

Our baby is 28 now,he grew up in the garage,I'm still out there building(or puttering around)Teach him all you know and someday he will put you to shame!!!!!!!
    Enjoy him,and remember to make family time,for all the kids and mama too.
    We have 5 ,3 boys 2 girls. We are both retired now so we must have done something right.
    good luck
    russ