Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone deal with The Hot Rod Company ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RobsHemiA, Jan 12, 2011.

1. OGS41

OGS41

I think Sidevalve is great. Quality parts, reasonable prices, great service and an Alliance vendor. Sometimes parts take longer than others...bfd. What concerns me is that his offerings are cutting back. He has been my favorite for years and I've spent plenty of money on his products as I try to make my 80's build pick up look more traditional and no regrets.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I need to order something, I haven't got the little email news letter lately with the latest things on sale in it. Now If I could just remember to ask for the Alliance discount when I place an order that would be an accomplishment.

Never hand an issue with getting the items I ordered and I've been more than happy with what I got but I've never sent an email asking questions either.

3. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

Bought an oval gas tank from them.Got it painted, then put some gas in it. It leaked. Ended up having to put in sealer. Seems it was never tested for leaks prior to shipment.

4. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Ordered some parts about a week ago even after reading these posts.Figured i would try to support some vendors here rather than the big stores.Havent heard anything back and after reading some post on his face book page im not sure what to think.I did call and leave a message and sent emails.They do not respond.Ill give him the benfit of a doubt for another week but after that i give up.Needed the parts to keep moving on a project.Wasnt expecting next day delivery but was hoping for better than two weeks on the delivery.I run a company and am very familiar with customer service.If we treated our customers this way we would be out of business long ago.

5. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Parts showed up in the mail today.Looked great and were shipped in about a week just as promised per his web site.Was hard to get a hold of Mike but once i did he explained what was going on.Would definitely buy from him again.

6. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

good guy no problems! Would buy from them anytime.

7. Loppy

Loppy

Ahem...HRC is the distributor, not the manufacturer. Don't lay blame on the wrong guy, peroid. They would never knowingly sell anything defective, specially a gas tank. Always, always, always, check a tank for leaks before it's installed or painted. Sorry, that was a rookie move. You should be upset with yourself. That being said, I'm sure HRC and/or the manufacturer would have been willing to help your situation.

8. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Have ordered in the past from them, will order again.
    How's that for a testimonial?

9. x 2

10. ManiacT

ManiacT

Ordered a hot rod tank October 10, 2011. Waited a long time before getting back to Michael. He said he would check and get back. Then nothing.
    Just cancelled the order via email today February 24, 2012. Think I have waited way more than 6 weeks and wonder it anyone else is having problems with tank orders.
    Kinda hard to wait with no idea........

11. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Ive ordered a couple of times. worked OK.

Last time it took weeks before i got an answer on shipping date/cost.

Had tho send multiple mail's, i did not try to call becuase of the time difference

Fxxkxng BAD on communication!!!
    Hesitate to order again.

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I have never had a problem . Always get the stuff to me on time and it's high quality.

13. JohnnyCASHcadillac

JohnnyCASHcadillac
    from SO CAL-

Any one know how the best way to get in touch with him. I have waited 10 weeks for my T tank and want to find out the progress. I sent emails and called numerous times. Thanks!!

14. Have you tried to pm him? He's side_valve on here.