Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Coolvairs Lets See Them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dons t, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Any more info, what class, E. T. ?

2. Choptop

Choptop

3. Choptop

Choptop

4. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

ya her name is I lean:D

5. This is my 1969 coupe

Iron Lords
    Sent from my iPad using TJJ app

Attached Files:

6. corvairsixtyfour

corvairsixtyfour
    from Pomona ca

my 64!!

Attached Files:

7. This is a 64'

Iron Lords
    Sent from my iPad using TJJ app

8. Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

Great going through the memories wit the Corvairs....

My first introduction to Corvairs was in 1964 in San Mateo, CA. when my older cousin showed me her brand-new '63 Spyder convertible. (turquoise with white interior I believe - I think it was a turbo, but I'm not sure) I was only 13 at the time - really seemed like a cool car.

Fast forward to 1970 or '71 when I'm driving around West L.A. in my '64 Pontiac Ventura and I see a '66 Corsa for sale. Picked it up for $750...
    It was a yellow hardtop, 4-speed turbo, and the chrome molding on the tail end of the engine lid was missing....otherwise it was perfect. I remember getting it up to over 100 on the Harbor Fwy once........

Loved driving it, but unfortunately a period of thriftyness necessitated me to sell the beauty a year or so later.

- Would be interesting to know where it is now......

Marshall

9. I have always liked the look of the second generation Corvairs. The question I have is this. If a guy was to want one of these for a project. What would be the best year for interior design? I am not seeing much difference in outward apperance. Can anyone familiar with the second generation cars tell me the major bullet points between years? I really don't care about the engines as I would not use stock drivetrain. Just daydreaming here for a next project.

10. Curb,

Unless I missed something over the years, all the '65-'69 interiors are the same (save potentially, the colors). '69 is the only year with the government-mandated side marker lights on the front and rear quarters.

The real differences were in the drivetrains and trim level availabilities( '65-'66 having the best selection).

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

65-69 are essentially the same on the outside, chassis, etc. If your only concern is the gingerbread inside, then you can buy the interior for any year and swap it. I think Clark's (corvair.com) has pics of all the interior kits so you can get an idea.

I think the only difference is that the Corsa has a different (and very desireable) dash including a telescoping column that is shared with the Corvette, and the Corvette guys with deep pockets know it.

The 65-69 cars came with different engine options.
    110hp: 2 carbs, easiest to tune and run on the street
    140hp: 4 carbs, lots of fun, but finicky from what I understand
    180hp: 1 carb, turbo

The 102hp may have still been available then, too.

Models were, I think, Corsa, Spyder, 900/Monza, the 700 and 500, but I may be getting some of those mixed up with the early (60-64) models.

12. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

starting in I think 67 Corvair shares the same seats as Camaro the earlier seats are more comfortable and they all interchange. with theit almost flat floors putting in late model seats is done pretty easy Dodge Neon buckets are very close to a bolt in only needing bending of the front bolt tabs the seat tracks from the Neon drop right onto the Corvair seat studs in the back. If you keep the back seats again Dodge Neon ones fir real easy with only slight rework a complete seat change to Neon seats is about 4 hours for front and rear with the fronts only taking about 1 hour check it here in this picture thread http://www.flickr.com/photos/12092499@N08/1227573510/in/set-72157601644224225/and here Neon Seat
    Installation - Dean Gemberling (gembo)'s Photos
    Leon

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  13. Have you seen the corvair powered 32 ford pick up on flea bay? I'm technologically challenged so I was unable to get the picture posted.

14. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Incorrect... Interior patterns were different nearly every year along with nearly every gm product... Side marker lights were also on 1968s...

[Quote Hellfish] I think the only difference is that the Corsa has a different (and very desireable) dash including a telescoping column that is shared with the Corvette, and the Corvette guys with deep pockets know it.

15. If she was Oriental, it would be Ireane. Because they can't prounounce "L"s.;)

16. Thanks for all the info guys. Good stuff. I want one. Just gotta finish another project first.

17. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Ive got a 69 and a 68, both come as a pair, 69 has a title. Feel free to pm me... They cheap...

18. Beuler?

19. richardlw

richardlw

YEP, it's a 64, and my favorite. Wish I could find one around here. Very classic lines.

20. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

My neighbor is selling his 60 Corvair wagon, if anybody in phx looking for one, let me know. 500 bucks, its sitting inside of a garage, needs a little tlc but looks nice and has everything there

21. Here's a picture from the early 70's. Shaved with bubble fenders..

[​IMG]

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  22. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Well as usual 1 of anything is never enough for me. This 62 followed me home to be a companion to my 63 rag top.

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      131 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      128.4 KB
      Views:
  23. The only time I was asked to pick a car at the NHRA Museum Twilight Cruise, I picked a 'vair. 215 in the back seat. Neat car!! Drew a lot of attention. The other cars I liked had already been picked and they wouldn't let me pick my 68 Cougar.
    They never asked me to be a picker again.

24. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I still kick myself for not buying this all original 63 2dr daily driver vair that was actually pretty nice. Went for $500.

25. Beau

Beau

Dan drove his Corvair today. Four months into the build.

[​IMG]

Click images for video

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  26. Hellfish

Hellfish

I like how the SUV gets out of your way! I love the grille.

I hope you can bring that to the Heads Up on June 16. :)

27. Beau

Beau

The car will most likely be shown at Vintage Torque Fest when it's all done.

I also thought Dan did a good job on the grill.

28. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

That is one fine machine! just needs a lowring job and some thin whites.
    I so much love bubble fenders...and the Corvairs inspired me to do them on my car.
    Got anymore pics of it?

29. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

I always thought this was a coolvair.

Attached Files:

30. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Every Corvair is Coolvair. ;)
    but she needs whitewalls