Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Check out my new project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malpass, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Hey folks, just wanted to tell you all about my new "project" so to speak. Some friends and myself started a magazine style website called The Lost Highways. It's devoted to hot rods, motorcycles and culture. It's been a ton of fun and we've been pouring our hearts and souls into this thing.

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to interview Scotty Birdsall, builder of "Strange Bird" and post a feature article about the car and his shop. We've got another feature interview with top fuel motorcycle legend, Larry "Spiderman" McBride, getting posted in the next day or two.

Also check out the "submit your stuff" section, we want to feature everyday folks like you and I. So if you've got a build going, or are an artist or involved in the industry, fill out the form and tell us about it, you could be our next write up!

We're also on InstaGram, so follow us on there, too; @thelosthighways

Hope you enjoy!

2. bump for lunch

3. so....? feedback? likes/dislikes?

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

pretty cool - lots of work - lots of potential - maybe list in H.A.M.B. O'Dex or part of Alliance Vendors. shirt logo idea, I have no skills at drawing something and sending it to you - prefer black on white since black shirts are done and redone. do outline of 2 lane highway with dotted center line curving off to right and gets narrower and seems to to disappear. at front on road put 2/3 view of a early hot rod roadster for one design and a early 50's style chopper 2/3 view for another. have fun.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012

5. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Mostly motorcycle stuff?

6. Thanks! We're still dialing it all in, good idea on the HAMB O Dex

7. I'm outnumbered 2 to 1 on the bike stuff, but dont worry, I've got lots of Hot Rod stuff up my sleeve yet.

8. Mr.Mix

Mr.Mix
    from Vermont

Is it just me or is the website server having problems? Looks like your CSS isn't loading and your down to bare HTML. Looks like a cool site...from what I CAN see.

9. the server could be having issues, what browser are you using? i know the mobile version is kinda sparse, but the site layout is really basic, so that could be it as well

10. Mr.Mix

Mr.Mix
    from Vermont

11. Well, our layout is simple, but it ain't that simple! That's odd... I'm using chrome also, I'll have to check into that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TJJ

12. Mr.Mix

Mr.Mix
    from Vermont

13. Like it....a lot.

14. Thanks man!! Submit that sweet hot rod so we can give some more attention to the car crowd

15. Thanks bud!

16. Bump for the night owls!

17. one last bump for the morning crew. The Larry McBride interview is up now, he may be a top fuel motorcyclist, but there will always be something cool about doing 250mph in two wheels.

18. Last bump, I promise...