Register now to get rid of these ads!

Might Be Getting a '60 Ford Pickup...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1951Streamliner, Feb 8, 2012.

1. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

[​IMG]

I might be getting this 1960 Ford pickup for a good price, and I wanted to ask a few questions first..

It was a running truck that had the 390 pulled to go into a hot rod. It will come with a "running" 390 with a C-6 transmission, along with the original manual transmission thats still under the truck..

But I have a good running 302/c-4 that I would like to put in the truck for dependability and better gas mileage..

So, where is the best place to buy motor mounts and a trans crossmember to install the 302/c-4? OR, any ideas on the easiest way to make my own?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  2. The 302/C4 is not a direct bolt-in. The factory used a front/bellhousing mount set-up on these trucks. But there are several bolt-in conversion mounts available from the aftermarket to put the 302/c4 in your truck. Check Dennis Carpenter or CPP's websites.

Or, you can fabricate your own.

Oh, and I want your instrument cluster!

3. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Thanks! I will look into the adapters..

Im actually looking for the guage cluster with 2 stars and no tach....

Anything else I should know before taking on this project?

4. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

is that a 62 Chevy parked next to it?

5. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Trade ya mine!

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, what is holding up the deal? let us know when you get it. looks like a heavy duty rearend, likely low gears. need to change that our for C6/C4 use.

7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Sounds good to me! We can make the trade once I get the truck back home :)

I am almost for sure going to get it, just need to finalize a few things (like making sure I can get a title).. I have a 77 ford that will give up a few parts (including the 302/c-4), ill have to see if that rear end will fit.

Yeah im pretty sure it is, not an expert on early 60s cars though. The guy has it for sale as well.

8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Looks like a real solid truck.
    Good for you.
    Your decision totally, but you may want to consider dropping that 390 in it first, just to see how it does on millage, etc.
    Keep us in the loop!
    Cheers...

9. ijuslikefords

ijuslikefords

Looks like a good solid truck. I looked at a bunch of truck listings on CL when I was on det out to Fallon. So many I could have brought home that were in great shape for thier age. My projects will all come from that area from now on.

10. Good looking truck, hope everything works out and you can get it. I will be putting a 302/5 speed combo in mine. I just bought some cross members and will use those when I finish going through the engine.

Jeff

11. Nice solid looking truck! I hope you get it.

12. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Looks like it's a 62 BelAir or Impala 4 door sedan, with a 283, (if it is all original).

13. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

He said it was an all original impala