Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods graffitti clone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 graffitti, Feb 7, 2012.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I will Benno! If they are real ones that are not unilug, I'll take them, chev pattern only.

Personally, I'd like a clone of Grapevine, to me the epitome of '49 to '52 Chevys out there. Build your dream, the HAMB is a great place for information.

2. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

Hey Past Lane , I know about your man a fre i tried buying it a few times i fianaly got a set up about 10 years ago and i still havent changed out my offy yet Ha Ha Ha . Defenatly this year after detroit

3. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

....Put me down as wanting to tribute the AG coupe someday as well....
    I have a line on a pair of headlights, and have a ton of pictures if you are interested.
    PM me, good luck with your build.

4. Conder

Conder

Check this link out...http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0803w_1929_model_a_touring_car/photo_21.html

Then, imagine a correct Milner Coupe with ZERO outward changes. Same manifold/carbs etc. but it's got huge, bulletproof horsepower and driveline/brakes all hidden. Engineered to the teeth.

The ONE thing all the clones are missing is the ONE thing that made that car COOL. It was "The Fastest Car in the VALLEY." Not a "neato little movie car copy" to cruise through the doo wop diner in. It was a HOT ROD.

So, how cool would it be to catch a new, tricked out Shelby Super Snake etc at a light and dust his ass? In a car "Super Snake" probably saw ten years ago on "The ABC Late Late Movie?"

I've included this picture. See that beautiful slick on the tire changer? LOOK at that (no thumbprint) sidewall...so supple. WHY doesn't anyone put these on the car? WHY.

Attached Files:

5. MistShift

MistShift

LOVE that sleeper!! Thanks for posting, what workmanship!

Careful about thinking snakes are easy prey though. ;)

6. gearjammer32

gearjammer32
    from Michigan

To some degree we ALL build a clones because someone somewhere has already built just about everything that can be built, including my 32 Roadster. However, I do have an FE/C6 combo which is somewhat rare. LOL right.

So Bud you go ahead and build you Milner clone their all cool.

7. i have a pair of very rusty 14 inch chrome reverses 5 on 41/2 ford bolt pattern id sell

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

The one thing I like about the idea of a Milner clone is the fact that in order to be a clone it will have to be painted. No rust. No phony survivor, just pulled it from a barn, I love rust, patina BS. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

9. Caballo,
    Still among the living. Man I thought that the aliens got you.

Building a grapevine clone. I am not a custom guy but I did like that car. I touched the original once, got my hand slapped but it was worth it. ;)

10. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are now my favorite HAMBer. I was starting to feel as though I was alone on the HAMB with my shiny paint preference. Regards, Ron

11. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

12. You are not alone and I probably have a few good years left so you shouldn't be alone for quite awhile.

Oh by the way fellas sorry for the side trip on the grapevine. I could have helped myself but I didn't.

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Why not build a clone of the coupe that the Milner Coupe is a clone of? It's far more cool. Supposedly from the Valley and potentially the car the George Lucas remembered and based the car on. This has never been confirmed though. Makes sense though, especially knowing that the movie car ran out of time to have the body channeled if this is what they were working towards...

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

15. JCW2110

JCW2110

You can get your cheater slicks through Coker tire or mandhtires.com,, Ask for M&H race masters 8.00/8.50-14. Those are the tires the coupe runs today.

16. SLCK64

SLCK64

17. yeah but you pussyfoot around in that car way to much

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ME9JXlhwIx8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

More power to you man, I love that rod.

19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Must need rings, look how bad it smokes ! :eek::D:D Idle is kinda rough too, must need a tune up. ;)

Don

20. slowmotion

slowmotion

And a tune-up too, sure idles rough! :eek: :D

(Wonder what cam that is?)

21. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

FIRST! Learn to spell Graffiti correctly! it will lend more creditability to your quest

Second come and read my site website.
    http://jeffsallgraffitiallthetime.blogspot.com

.......Then you come on back and I'll show you a few things.

JH:D

22. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Build what you want and the way you want. I am building my third Graffiti style car. This was my last one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  23. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

The Spirit is alive!

24. hallrods

hallrods

Always wanted one myself don't care if there is two or three at the same car show still love it.

25. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Agree. Can't understand the concerns of some about too many clones. Who cares?? I guess we have too many tradition police---now we have clone police?? Yukkk.

26. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

and maybe YOU should learn to spell Credibility the correct way....just saying

27. and grammar goons

28. Hot Rod Jerry

Hot Rod Jerry

My car is a Model A. Was not trying to build a clone. ,My mistake was painting it yellow, but what the hay, I love my yellow car. I get a lot of Milner talk at the saturday shows and rodruns.Not another like it around here.

29. Build the car you want. To your satisfaction. It's like the gal who on her honeymoon said to her new husband," who are you gonna satisfy with that little thing, he said, "me". build your Graffiti clone and enjoy it.

30. grazy

grazy

I always wanted a clone from that movie but it was the blonde in the T-bird man I dreamed about her for a long time .