Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rude comments about my car whats the deal ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grazy, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subdajj

subdajj

2. HaHa! there is nothing more boring than a line of fully restored red 1965 Mustang convertibles all in a row. Well actually there is, listening to their owners talking about the correct date code on the condenser on the voltage regulator. But if that turns their crank so be it...

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

Since you seem to have boring down pretty well, I'm curious....where does people who complain that someone said that they didn't like their car fall on your list?

4. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

We all have had that happen very rude

5. fuck em its your car you got pay for it, drive it, and build it. Opinions are like assholes.

6. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

The only one that has to be happy....is you!

7. Or you could have looked him in the eye and said " You must have me confused with somebody who gives a shit ". Usually works on the first try everytime. :D

8. 62rebel

62rebel

i had a 63 1/2 Galaxie sportsroof that i spent two years building into a 500XL with every damn thing i could find in salvage yards... black on black, '68 390 4v with C6 trans.... guy i worked with kept on with "it's a shit old Ford and nobody wants them" and "if that were a Bel Air, then you'd HAVE something..." ... that kind of shit. why do that shit?

sure, it get's my goat when somebody really DOES fuck the shit out of a decent car, but i bite my damn tongue and let it slide, because that's how THEY want it, and it's THEIR car, not mine.

a lot of the "antique restorers" get pissed because we find parts they can't, and USE them instead of HOARDING them.

9. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

10. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I let a guy into my shop once because he saw the back end of my 32 roadster on the hoist. He asked if he could look at it, I lowered the car and he just shook his head, staring at the flathead. He said "This cars all fucked up!!....it should have a 350/350 ...9"..disc brakes...blah blah blah......" That was after he saw my 40 rear with Halibrand Culver City, Navarro heads, etc....
    I have never let a stranger walk into my shop since then....... people are whacked!!!

11. 39 Ford

39 Ford

The world is filled with Assholes who are always ready to spout mis-information about everything under the sun. Cars are a prime target for them. This is a fact of life and it would be impossable to stop. Just learn to ignore them and enjoy your car AND YOUR LIFE.

YOUR CAR, YOUR MONEY, YOUR WAY

12. dirtynratty

dirtynratty

I used this 38 Ford p/u as a fire wood box for the bunkhouse the engine bay is full of firewood, and someone told me how bad I ruined it but all I did was cut 6 inches off a running board so it would slide up against the wall, he was trying to buy it.. I can always put it on the road later

13. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

I would've told him to shut his face or ill do it for him

14. kozik

kozik

In my direct experience most shit talkers drive 1980's era jap shitboxes or have their moms drive them around since they dont actually own a car.

15. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Now that is crazy cool .... i need one in the woods behind my place

16. niall.oxendale

niall.oxendale

sounds like he was trying to buy it cheep and talk it down. you get more flies with honey than vinegar!

17. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL! Fred, you sir are a diplomat...

18. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, convert it into a Franklin Stove.

19. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Had pal back when, who was admittedly a bit of a smartass, but one of his favorite sayings when dealing with the type of which we speak was "Oh, ...you're right", which he could deliver in the absolute most syrupy condescending way you ever wanted to hear, I can't even come close! He was so good at it that even though he was my friend, it'd even piss me off when he said it! Made ya just wanna smack his ass! But, it was worth the price of admission when he'd use it on a deserving asshat! ...never heard him say more'n twice before the offender would just slink into oblivion.

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I would have called him a big stupid meany poo poo face head and ran away crying.

That guy was probably wearing a Hawaiian shirt and white tennis shoes, driving a 66 mustang. He can fuck right off.

21. bfinch56

bfinch56

I would have called him a big stupid meany poo poo face head and ran away crying.

That guy was probably wearing a Hawaiian shirt and white tennis shoes, driving a 66 mustang. He can fuck right off.

Hands down funniest shit i've read on HAMB!!!

22. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Shoulda' just told him,...

[​IMG]

23. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

crit·ic /kritik/

<LI style="LIST-STYLE-TYPE: decimal">A person who expresses an unfavorable opinion of something.

2. A person who judges the merits of literary, artistic, or musical works, esp. one who does so professionally, often without credentials, skills or knowledge of the subject matter.

3. A person chronically afflicted with verbal diarrhea, dementia and peacock syndrome.

Should you encounter a critic strutting about spewing unintelligible shit, avoid if possible. If confrontation cannot be avoided, look him straight in the eye, and say "Kindly go fuck yourself".

24. I would have wanted a punch him but maybe the funniest thing to do would be to lean over give him a hug and a little cheek kiss right after whispering in his ear "it's ok sweety, they won't hurt you any more", just to really mess with his head. I'll bet he won't talk to strangers anymore.

PS only do that if your tough enough to throw down. Haha

25. morac41

morac41

Hi.... As long as you enjoy your car .... have fun and dont ever stress about what other people think.....the world is full of jackass's.. do good-ers and know alls....Doug

26. 50styleline

50styleline

There is a lot of patience in some of these responses that I don't have. If he was not addressed in my conversation I would have told him to mind his own fucking business, and then casually returned to my conversation.

27. Deuces

Deuces

Maybe he was right???... I've seen a few on here that bought a very restorable old ride and they said they wanted to turn it into a rat rod....:eek:

28. A tub

A tub

Basically,easy, FUCK HIM, not welcome fuck off go away, you smell like you ate shit for breakfast ,now whos messed up hahaha, nah seriously he doesnt matter and never did, and like said prob into restoring and going to heaven ,not building rods and going to hell like we all are i guess haha, they make it sound like its sacrileges how ever in my mind i just see a waiste of something that could be greater than it started out to be and yes they did start out a a perfect canvas, i like restored also, i like what i like more, everyone has there own opinion,just a pitty some clowns like to be toooooo opinionated at the wrong times, its been said plenty of times before---------------------
    IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE, i did say please ,haha, dont stress there everywhere unfortunately

29. gotit

gotit

I am guilty. I was at a show once and a mustang was sitting there with the hood open. Really nice car even though I have no interest in mustangs. They had the struts removed and a different suspension in it. I was making a comment on how horrible the bolts that held the strut hole covers on looked. They were 3/8 grade five hardware store bolts. The builder was right next to me. I offended him but he was really nice about it. He asked for my input and I told him the bolts looked like an after thought and a button head or something similar would look much better. His son (employee) agreed with me. He said thank you for the input afterward.

30. Deuces

Deuces

Cool song!.. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.