Register now to get rid of these ads!

1964 Plymouth Fury... desirable car?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrioxinKustoms, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Ive always had a soft spot for 64 Furys! Would really like a Sport Fury!!!!

2. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Your not the first person to tell me that.. ha ha might just crank the torsion bars down a little to make it look a little more 70s style..

3. sledkid

sledkid
    from mansfield

nice score ...love those things you should not have a problem offing it

4. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

uh...no!

...but yea like all others have said Id snatch it like a hot piece of a$$ nonetheless!

cant wait to see what you do with it - fingers crossed that there is little to no rot id focus effort on updating suspension, brakes, and paint and drive the be-jesus out of her!

5. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

thanks guys, starting tomorrow this becomes a build thread!!!

EDIT: maybe not, isnt it too new? ha ha

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  6. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

bought it for 1200, 73k original miles. trunklid is pretty rusty but I found a replacement already.
    needs new carpet and a good spit shine... I'll be picking it up this weekend.

7. rc57

rc57

Nice score, I wish I still had mine-'64 Sport Fury 426 street wedge

Attached Files:

8. $1200???..... and you were haggleing with a used car salesman??? .... shee-it!

9. $1,200??? Good on ya! That should pretty-up like nobody's business!

For parts, tech, and support, go to the link and take a peek. I, along with several other HAMBers are over there, too, with their big Mopars!

www.cbodydrydock.com

10. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I was told he was the BIGGEST asshole around and you COULD NOT talk him down one penny..
    he owns one of those "classic" car lots.

He was a very nice man, in fact I gave him 1300 by mistake and went back 20 mins later to tell him I made a mistake...(he never even counted it) he reached into his pocket and handed me 100 dollars back.

I have nothing bad to say about him.

11. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

make money on me. would be very interested. depending on condition. dont need a head turner. but do need a driver. have two pushmobiles now. call me while you are there. i can give you some things to look at. thanks gene 410-982-4042

12. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I sent you a PM on the condition of the car.

for everyone else, Detailed pics are coming soon! snow is slowing me down!!:mad:

13. TrioxinKustoms -

Great score!

I wish I could find a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury (with just 73K miles on the odometer) for $1200!

I have fond childhood memories of riding in my parent's '64 Sport Fury "family car":

1964 Plymouth Sport Fury (VIN 3441-228573).jpg
    click thumbnail to enlarge

Dad bought it "used" in March of '65 ... sold it in '70 to a friend who converted it to a "drag car" :cool:

14. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

15. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

fresh gas and a battery fired right up and ran pretty good, gotta clean the carb.

bled the brakes out cause they were a little spongy and I wanted to test drive it.
    Got a dual master cylinder going on it next weekend.

16. Joatha

Joatha

That's a 65 Sport Fury - not a 64.

Still, good score. Those cars drive very nice. You'll enjoy it.

17. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I know.. check back a page or two. :)

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yup, thats the way I heard it...

19. Joatha

Joatha

Sorry...missed that part.

20. Dubes68

Dubes68
    from East Bay

Nice pic, there was a black 66 fury with a green flaked roof, lowered, shaved, and clean that was for sale a few years back that i should of grabbed, cool cars.

21. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

can anyone tell me about the "cal custom" valve covers?

22. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

That looks like a 383 in there. Can't tell if there is a pad there or not.

23. Troxin, look to see if there is a flat machined pad to the right of the distributor base. If there is, this could be a 413, 426W, or a 440, and the displacement is stamped there. If you do not find this pad (it'll be pretty evident!), you have a 361, 383, or a 400. There is a casting number on the side of the block where the starter is located for all Mopar big blocks. You should be able to see the displacement cast there, as well, but you may have to remove the starter to see it.

Those look like the "Cal Custom" brand covers to me, anyway. Used to be everywhere. Inexpensive dress-up parts for all kinds of engines in the '60s and early '70s.

24. A Rodder

A Rodder

First car I bought as an investment was an absolutely stunning 66fury. Traded it towards my tudor.
    they're a nice driving car.
    Good job!

25. Nice score! I like the body styles of those Fury's. I had a 63 Sport Fury. I really liked the nose on that one.

26. rc57

rc57

If you're not a regular Mopar guy, be aware that there are B and RB(raised block) big blocks and intakes and such are not interchangable. If I was gonna guess though I would say 361 or most likely 383.

27. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

When was about seven or eight years old a friend's dad had a 64 that he wrecked pretty hard.

He sold it to his nephew who lived further down our street and I can remember riding by and sitting in from the garage watching him take turn the car and turning into a killer street machine. It was the factory shade of dark blue with light blue interior quite a bit or chrome, Crager five spokes set kind of high but looked good especially for the time. Ever since then I've like the 64's!

The knucklehead ended up selling it and buying a typical 70s Ford van that was white with a purple panel paint job and was just god awful and even at a young age this was '75 to '77, I thought he was an idiot for getting rid of the '64 for that godforsaken van.

Kelly Burns

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

28. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

I will look, but I'm pretty sure its a 383.

29. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

picked up a dual reservoir master cylinder today, gonna hone the cylinders and re-do all the brakes tomorrow.
    Also soaked the carb in gas, then soaked it in CLR, and finally boiled it with some dish soap for a few hours.. hopefully it will idle a little better now...

30. yardgoat

yardgoat

The cal-custom finned v/covers are cool and worth no less than $100.00 they are getting hard to find and clean up good.My dad bought a 66 VIP plymouth, looked like the fury but more add ons.They ,mom/dad bought the car in late 65 on a sunday,the dealer wanted $700.00 down .My dad got his piggy bank that only had dimes in it,it was a 2 1/2 foot high pink rabbit.How or why i have no clue,but when done counting they paid the car off in full with dimes.I was 12 yr old and it was a happy day at the house ,man tha car road great and 383 had some scoot to her..............YG