Register now to get rid of these ads!

COMPLETE CAR/TRUCK except for.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nashvegas99, Feb 8, 2012.

1. nashvegas99

nashvegas99

Since I don't have a project right now i get to look at a lot of those that are out there. I am still to be amazed at those that put this in their listing description. Complete car or almost complete car except for the motor and that tranny and the seats and the window glass and the door hardware and the front suspension. I just read one where the guy was listing it as a complete truck and it was sitting on a trailer on wooden blocks strapped on because it didn't have a rear end or front suspension. got tickled at that one. oh well, maybe one day in the near future i can get a build and stop posting stupid crap, huh?

2. Johnunit

Johnunit
    from Toronto

Complete except for all the rare/expensive stuff.

Glad it has a dash and bumper buddy, now where's the one-year air cleaner, aluminum drums, 6 tail lights, and never-reproed quarter windows?

3. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Also like "90% done"... Translates to... You will need to re do 90% of the work i tried to do...

4. HunterYJ

HunterYJ
    from Buda Texas

Don't forget "Chopped roof, needs chop finished". No thanks! See a bunch of those listed.

5. amphicar

amphicar
    BANNED

... ran when parked (in 1971)...
    ... fully restored (saw this on a 1934 Terraplane with a chevy 502 in it)
    ... RARE! (on a plain jane 70s VW)
    ... Barn find! (had 2009 licence plates)

6. There's one hosebag in the classifieds selling his pile for 15Gs on the HAMB and 10Gs on racing junk! What a guy!

7. I see that A LOT. Same exact stuff/cars listed here for more than it is elsewhere. WTF???

8. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I predict a thread closure in 5...4....3.....2......

9. 90% completed custom ________ ______ (insert make and body style here). (Stock except for primer spots on rust repairs, painted bumpers and spinner hubcaps).

10. Zerk

Zerk

Parts aren't floating around in the ether. An easy and cost-effective way to gather what you need for a build is to buy a complete car, remove the required parts and then sell off the remainder. It is a really narrow focus, not especially preservation-friendly, but there you go.

11. johnboy13

johnboy13

12. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I remember about 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was on craigslist looking at cars. I came across this JUNK 55' Ford. It was a tudor post, that had been sitting in the woods for a while. It was turned upside down, with leaves and all sorts of stuff on/around it. In the ad, the guy mentioned he just wanted it off his property, he knew it was a 55 Ford but didn't know what model. So then he puts "I know it's either a Mainline, Customline, Victoria, Fairlane, Crown Victoria, Sunliner, Skyliner, it's one of those." lol