Register now to get rid of these ads!

1954 "Ranch Wagon" progress report,, carpet,panels and rear seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 22, 2012.

1. pm5471

pm5471
    from WISCONSIN

Your car is so cool.Great work you are doing.Always liked the 54 wagons.

pete

2. Thank you,,

Thank you Chep,,did you sell the pickup?

Yes sir Tom,,we will toss them in the back and let them hold on for dear life!:eek:

Thank you Ken,,that's the way we are looking at it,,one day at a time.

Yes,I got them for Dennis Carpenter several years ago,,I don't remember what they cost. HRP

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  3. You da man Danny.....your wagon is setting the bar for us 54 Ford guys.

4. Danny, if you wind up not making it out to California for the 54 Ford meetup this summer, I'm gonna drive my tudor out to your place sometime in 2013, just to see that wagon.

ok....I might also ask for a ride in your deuce :D

5. Don,as you know this car has a long history with my wife's family and my bride has never owned a new car and let me build numerous Hot Rods so my intent from the beginning was to build this car as nice as I could to the best of my ability and as nice as any new car.

You and I both know being associated with the '54 Club of America website our constant monitoring uncovers many beautiful cars,both original and Hot Rods and I have taken cues from our members,,, and a lot of cars,not necessarily '54 Fords, being built here on the Hamb have helped inspire me with details I had never thought of but was able to use them during the building process.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  6. Who knows?,,but your welcome anytime,,and we will ride in the sedan and the pickup,heck I might even have the coupe running by 2013.

7. Beautiful wagon..nicely done.

8. You are right about that, but that bar is so high I don't think I can ever reach it. Very nice.

9. and what '54 Ford meetup is that ? Fill me in, perhaps I can drag my funky '54 Ranchwagon to it.

10. Looks good Danny!!!

What kind of aluminum-backed insulation did you use? I'm getting close to needing to do mine. Can't afford the high $$$ stuff though.

A neighbor has one of those Shasta trailers. It's a little bitty shit. Made in the mid-'60's I'd guess. I can ask about it if you want.

Thanks, Jim

11. Thank you

The '54 Ford Club of America is have their biannual Convention in Pt. Hueneme,California.

The date is August 16th. through the 19th. 2012,,the national clubs tech adviser Alan Freeman will be the host the event.

Why California ?,,There are more members of the national club living in California than any of the other states.

The headquarters will be the Country Inn & Suites.

Don is the Administrator for the web site and I am the Lead Moderator,,

Check out the site. HRP

http://www.1954ford.com/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  12. Jim,I got it a few years ago at the NSRA Knoxville show from one of the vendors,,I'll dig through the invoices and try to find out who it was,,,it is the peel and stick type foil installation with kind of a black sticky backing.

I'll send you a PM when I find the invoice.

As for the camper,,,we really are looking for a small trailer,preferably a Shasta and I ain't afraid of work as long as it's reasonable,,can you snap a few photos and shoot them to me in a PM if your neighbor is interested in unloading it. HRP

13. trm3650

trm3650
    from casper wy.

thats way KQQL. love the green

14. We finished the door panels and rear passenger area this past Saturday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The '54's didn't have the trim at the bottom of the door panel,,I found this at the upholstery supply,,it's made for vinyl tops and is a pretty close match to the shape of the original trim on the door panel.

[​IMG]

The rear cargo area is finished,,just waiting on a couple of chrome pieces.

[​IMG]

Got the rear seat finished and installed for the last time tonight! HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  15. the HAMB needs a "Like" button.

Nice work Danny!

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

as tall as you are you can drive it now from there...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. carlboyd

carlboyd
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Carpet and panels look great. Really like the color!:)

18. man that is great!how does it feel to be in the final stretch?

19. Thank you Don

Larry,,,I am tall but not that tall!:D

Thank you sir.

This car has been the longest project I have ever had or want,,fast approaching 9 years and I feels like I can see the finish line a few months from now. HRP

20. Let me know what you find on the insulation.

I'll grab a pic or two of this trailer for you. ;)

JH

21. Thanks Jim. HRP

22. Looking GREAT! Can't wait to see it in person.
    B.