Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone bought from Seat Belts Plus/Beam Industries?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lild, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Lild

Lild

I was hunting down seat belts and found seltbeltsplus.com. What stuck out was the "Made in USA" line. Personaly I will buy them just for that but not if somebodies had issues. I couldnt find any reveiws anywhere but found that Beam has been around for a long time and are in CA.

2. SteveClary

SteveClary

I've bought from RetrobeltUSA on two occasions. Good products. Make sure to buy the 75 inch belt.

3. grf-x

grf-x

Is there a reason you suggested the 75 inch? To accommodate all potential passengers? Just curious because I need to put some in my vehicle.

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I bought a set from Juliano's. Good stuff, USA made and has the DOT certified numbers as legally required.

5. Lild

Lild

Yeah I was thinkin that. seatbeltsplus have a 60,74 & 90. $16.95-$18.95 with hardware.

6. patina steve

patina steve

I ordered the belts for my 66 Chev truck from these guys, but I ordered ones that were to short I just sent them back and they sent me the longer ones, I did have to pay the extra postage. I would call that good customer service.
    Steve

7. seat belt planet is another good place to get belts.

8. i ordered mine sunday, they will be here in a couple of days. i will let you know

9. Lild

Lild

Good enough for me then. Thanks for the input everybody

10. SteveClary

SteveClary

grf-x, yes to your question. 75 inch belts will accomodate the average husky Amercian.

11. Lild

Lild

Ordered my belts from seatbeltsplus.com and they were at my doorstep in two days. They look great and the hardware looks beefy. Definately satisfied and would highly recommend them to anyone

12. atomickustom

atomickustom

I JUST ordered a full set from them an hour ago!

I searched all over the HAMB and people kept saying Juliano's or Andover Restraints but it turns out that SeatBeltsPlus.com has as good a selection (if not better), better prices, and less expensive shipping charges. And their belts are made in USA.

I am glad you like yours because I just ordered a full set, front and rear.

13. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Timely, was going to order front belts for the 32 today from Julianos, expensive but always nice stuff. Gonna look at seatbeltsplus. Thanks.

14. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Check out Andover Restraints.. Lots of choices, good prices.

15. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

I bought from them: Made in USA and old school chrome "flip latch" buckle style

Look almost factory in my '55 Olds

16. adeyoha

adeyoha
    from New York

I tried to place an order from seatbeltsplus. Their customer service is awful. A week after placing my order I got a call saying that they didn't have the color for the order. The guy who calls says this is an ongoing problem that they were already aware of with Amazon checkout. Strike one in my book if you have a problem that you know will impact your customers and you don't attempt to fix it. The guy on the phone says that he tried calling and emailing repeatedly. I check and find no emails. I ask him to give me when they were sent and he says he deletes all his email. All his BUSINESS email. Strike two. I ask him to expedite the order since now it won't come before I'm going out of town. He says no and cancels the order. Strike three and I'll never order from this company again, and I'd advise my friends to steer clear.

17. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Hey before you guys get going on great price deals and buying the cheapo parts especially seat belts make sure the belts you purchase have a DOT tag installed that states that they meet standards FMVSS-209 and 302. This is the confirmation that these can be used in automotive application. Seat belts with out this tag are only certified for off road use, which means farm equipment, riding tractors, lawn movers golf carts, etc. Also make sure that the seat belt kits can provide approved anchor plates. An approved anchor plate is NOT a couple oversize flat washers. This is one of the items where cheaping out is not really the best idea.

18. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

My experience with their customer service was great. They will work with you on custom applications and they were more than willing to make up a set of belts for my Healey using unique fittings that I supplied.