Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone here into large scale (1/8) car models???

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Deuces, Dec 10, 2010.

1. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

looks great al

2. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

I've been cleaning up the basement storage area, and I've run across these two Lindberg models that I've had for too many years. Neither one is complete; the Bobtail T is missing the body (at least), and the Red Demon is missing the engine (also, at least). Would it be better if I sold them as incomplete, or part them out so everyone would have a chance to get parts they might need, not needing the whole kit?

Attached Files:

• A1.JPG
      A1.JPG
      File size:
      324.8 KB
      Views:
    • A2.JPG
      A2.JPG
      File size:
      335.9 KB
      Views:
    • A3.JPG
      A3.JPG
      File size:
      340.4 KB
      Views:
    • B5.JPG
      B5.JPG
      File size:
      317.2 KB
      Views:
    • B1.JPG
      B1.JPG
      File size:
      349.8 KB
      Views:
    • B3.JPG
      B3.JPG
      File size:
      330.1 KB
      Views:
    Deuces likes this.
  3. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

Here is some pic's of the 36 Ford I have been working on.My camera sucks and doesn't show really any detail.The car isn't even the same color but it gives you an Idea of what it looks like.

Attached Files:

4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

58 Yoeman, you would be better off selling those kits as incomplete kits. If you parted them out you would be left with a bunch of bits and pieces.
    They have a lot of good parts for swapping into other 1/8th builds.
    Having said that if you did part them out I would be interested in some bits and pieces!
    Geoff aka whodaky

5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Now that the rear end is fitted into Spencer T's lil push car, it was time to move onto some wheel caps.
    Basically these consist of some formed alumium and cast resin pieces!
    Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

7. jesse1980

jesse1980

im into collecting scale models with my son. its a cool way to keep kids into cars too

8. Deuces

Deuces

Nice! :cool::D

9. Deuces

Deuces

Lindberg is still making these 1/8th scale kits today.. With new box art! :rolleyes: They also have a newer 1/8 "Tall T" Coupe that's a masterpiece... I'd give that one a thumbs up! :D
    I've got 2 of those to build.... ;)

10. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I would be interested in both of those depending on the price of course. They would be great parts kits with the reissues that are out now. Jim

11. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Anyone interested in a rare (Black) bratz vette? It's missing the driver side mirror. Other then that it looks pretty good. Could use a little cleaning is all. You just dont see many in black.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Mojo

Mojo

The bratz vette seems a little undersized to me. Has anyone scaled it to see if it is?

13. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Corvette wheel base is 102 or 12.75 in 1/8th scale. The bratz vette is 11.75. Over all length is 176.7 or just over 22 in 1/8th and the bratz vette is 19.5. So yes it is a bit undersized but very close. Most people wouldn't notice but is a person is a real rivet counter it will drive em nuts. To me it wouldn't mater. But that's me.:D

14. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

15. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  16. ok heres a link to 6 pics of one i just finished literally 30 mins ago i started this kit bash about 6 years ago it kept giving me fits all the way through the build it almost met the wall the hard way more then a few times but after letting it sit and collect dust for about 3 years i finnally decided it was time to try to finish it

i am not a pro model builder i just build for fun and for me

this is not the kit that im going to do for the new build-off

i tried to attach pics here but it said i need a security token or something

so heres the link

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/69runner383/

ive got another 1978 ? version big duece that i started like 3years ago that has been collecting dust i guess im gonna re-start it either tonight or tomorrow

17. ok heres some pics of the 1978 version i mentioned in the above post its now finished aswell

ok well its still telling me i need a security token if you would like to see the pics just use the link in the above post they are in the same photobucket album

18. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Bump for the weekend. Anything new to report guy's?

19. dpride

dpride
    from Australia

I had to live away from my workshop for a few years (because of work) and I built a lot of 1/4 scale girl models. When I got back to the shop, I started to build 1/4 scale cars to go with the girls. Here is a shot of one of them, the cars, not the girls. :)

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  20. customcory

customcory

Damn! dpride that really turns me on. More pics if you got them. What did you make it out of.

21. Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

Here's a USAC sprinter I just finished on Friday. It's 1/8 scale, all scratch build.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. dpride

dpride
    from Australia

customcory, the car is all scratch built. Steel chassis, styrene body, 3D modeled wheels and rear tires then printed masters. The tire master was printed at 16 microns and the width is determined by a wrap of styrene sheet. Aluim front axle. Here are a few more shots. The body was based on a 31 and all compound curves are body filler (Bondo). I'm glad I didn't build a TF car as it would have taken up the whole room at 1/4 scale. :)

Attached Files:

23. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

JT, glad you like it. Sure I'd bring it, but you'll have to remind me. I'm sure you noticed, but there are a few 1/8th builders in Florida and I see their stuff at the NSRA Nats, Garlits, etc. You should get all them to come down for your show, too. Gary

24. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Man, this is a very nice model! Have you done any others? And where do you display them. Huge puppies. Gary

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Great job as usual! Where do you get your tires? Or are they cast from masters? Gary

26. customcory

customcory

Thanks dpride, very nice!

27. dpride

dpride
    from Australia

gnichols, I have many models in varying condition from personal projects and the film industry, when we built real things, rather than tapping a computer keyboard. :rolleyes: The bus model is about 1/8 scale and was built for a TV series a long time ago. It was equipped with a balloon for lift. I am restoring it atm. The other 1/5 scale model is inspired from European customs from the 1930's. I have been building models for years and what do I have to show for it?...........a room full of models. :)

Attached Files:

• Bus1.jpg
      Bus1.jpg
      File size:
      303.7 KB
      Views:
    • Bus2.jpg
      Bus2.jpg
      File size:
      369.1 KB
      Views:
    • M-2.jpg
      M-2.jpg
      File size:
      31.4 KB
      Views:
    • M-3.jpg
      M-3.jpg
      File size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
    Deuces likes this.
  28. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^ Very interesting. Thanx, Gary

29. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Would you be willing to sell sets of these wheel and tire combos?