Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical kool old survivor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by screwball, Jun 19, 2005.

1. screwball

screwball

this coupe was going to be a stock car but never got that far just started talkin to the owner today I have known about the car for 15 years and its still not for sale. But the owner has sentimental attachments that I RESPECT sorry but not all do.

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yea... i can respect the sentimental thing... sad part is by the time he gets over his senitimentality... there aint gonna be much left

cool pics meng :cool:

3. Ontario climate is not good to old tin, trust me, I've dragged many in out of the bush in your area. Get over there and at least get it up off the ground .........way off the ground, or it will be worthless fast.
    Reminds me of a 34 3 window that we hooked two snowmobiles to and dragged it. Became parts only, one entire side was iron oxide and became "as one" with mother earth.

4. screwball

screwball

This is the same owner that has a 32 three window that was posted under the urban legends thread. I told him if he needs a hand I will go over and help him move the cars into his large empty garage. Hes not a bad guy he gave my ten year old a kool old wedge type banana seat bike so the door is slowley opening just dont want to push it.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

VERY rare to see speed equipment like that outside. I hauled a 1930 coupe home a month ago, most of it fell apart on the trip home. The rear quarters are on a HAMB project up north and whatever else I could save has been sent to other builds. Saving that Cyclone head will take some time.

6. screwball

screwball

The intake and head have the name THOMAS on them I am not a speed equipment guru but they are rare as far as I know..... but I dont know much about 4 bbl equipment.Im going to try to get a 30a sedan come pick up he has or the 30 whipet but life goes on and I have no control on his actions.

7. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Thomas speed equipment is pretty rare, but it does show up on eBay:eek: . They are being reproduced today too. The head and intake will be sitting there long after the rest of the car is gone.lol

Hell, I'd put on a radiator and new wheels/tires and drive it like that!!:D

-RNB

8. screwball

screwball

Its just to bad they sat outside so long.

9. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Where is this car? I'll save that head [​IMG]

10. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Sentimentality is OK, but at least get it under cover.

11. Its only sentimental cuz he got the farmland from his granpa and the car is now part of the land!LOL

I don't understand some people.....Shiny

12. screwball

screwball

grave robber slowly gettin an in dont push. The door stays closed easyer than it opens was invited to help him clean his yard this summer. I told him to call me when and Ill be there a.s.a.p. Ill keep you posted.

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

Well count me in if he decides to take up your offer of some help to get them under cover,it would be great to see them in doors out of the weather.

Koolkemp

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What a tragic sight, I just don't get it.

15. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Shit i'll volunteer my services to clean his yard up...

16. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

ask if you can cover it up for him, and just wait till he dies.

17. RockyMtnPits

RockyMtnPits

I respect people who have sentimental attachments to something, but for fucks sake that car is disintegrating as we speak. If it has some value to him you would think he would protect it instead of destroying it.

18. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Respect is a two way street, you respect him for the sentimental value and he should respect you damn it for wanting to restore it!!!

Bigdaddy

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i dont either...

i grew up about a block and a half from a old couple that had a sweet coupe deville, bout a 58/9ish from my memory.

when i turned 15 i asked the guy if i could buy it off him and restore it for something to do. answer was "no way. i'll let it rot out there before i'll sell it to anyone. its mine and i love it" kinda shit... fucked up.

fast forward till about '97 or so and the thing got squashed after the old man and woman were pushin up daisy's... had a lot of nice pieces on it still but the car was usless at that point.

T.

20. I have an engine waiting on that intake and head. See if he will part with them. What a shame.

21. screwball

screwball

Ill go back next Sunday and see if he takes us up on the offer hey koolkemp maybe if you bring the truck it may help get the foot in. on second thought something that radical might scare him screw it bring it anyway

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

Could it be any scarrier than letting a deuce 3 window and an A coupe rot,LOL!I have the tonneau cover almost finished ,I will send ya some pics in the next day or so.

Koolkemp

23. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Lets steal it :) mother nature is slowly stealing it anyways

I'm gunna get flack for saying that-

24. screwball

screwball

I know a thief lookin for a 63 chev wagon lets steel it.Never a good idea thieves are ass holes and I DONT CONDONE THEFT!!!!!!

25. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

steel it? you mean bondo it!!

26. screwball

screwball

yeah my spelling sucks but I still dont condone theft at any time by any one. So when or if I get an in at this place or find more you will be the last to know from me. THEFT IS NOT A GOOD ATTRIBUTE IN A PERSON .I cant spell and your a thief I must be the bad guy here.

27. screwball

screwball

this is the old post

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yeah, i can see that! what is your point????:D:p

29. What, did you get the car? The picture doesn't come up on this end, so...

30. screwball

screwball

I thought the old pics of both cars would come up but I guess because of the age of the old post the pics were lost.