Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco WTF?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by customstude53, Feb 5, 2012.

1. customstude53

customstude53
    from MA

So I've seen some posts on here already but I just wanted to start another one anyway. I ordered parts from Jamco over the phone months ago. As of this date I have no parts no returned call nothing but a 300 and something dollar charge on my credit card. Anyone else lose money to jamco? I'm real bummed out I really wanted to buy just about everything jamco makes for my shoebox now I'd be happy just to get my money back. Anyone else have the same problem? I know I will not be buying anymore parts from them and would suggest no one else does either. Id love to hear other jamco horror stories. wish i looked into them more before placing my order. I do love how I still am on their email list and get the sale emails though.. wish i just got my parts

2. troylee

troylee

jamco was bought up by fatman i think.

3. BRENT

BRENT

That's really upsetting to hear, I hope your situation is resolved promptly. I remember buying a disc brake conversion years ago for my box when Jim was still alive, a very pleasant experience. I last heard the kids took over the business. I hope they can clear everything up.

Brent

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you paid with your credit card your OK. Just contact your card company and they will take care of it.

Frank

5. Super88

Super88

It's been a few years so things can change, but I purchased a 3 inch front/rear drop set for my 55 Olds. The service was good and when I had a question I got a quick response by phone.

6. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

I purchased a set of springs for my Buick less than 1 year ago and had great service. Had not issues. I know he is a busy shop, so be patient and keep trying to get in contact with him. He is not always able to answer his phone. You cna also try emailing him at [email protected].

7. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Hey Customstude53 - send me a PM with your info. I will look it up first thing in the morning and give you a call. By the way, we have not been purchaed by Fatman.

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

THATS how you handle it!

9. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I keep seeing threads like these and it always makes me wonder? I ordered some stuff for my shoebox last year I got it in less than a week and it was quality stuff ????

10. customstude53

customstude53
    from MA

11. Black Primer

Black Primer

Why all the threads like this if the service is so great? Buying parts shouldn't be a crap shoot.

12. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I have some parts from Fatman that look like Ray Charles made them. I sent email pictures, phone calls and have no answers from them.

13. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

I have had great luck with them and bought parts last August and they were great. Read the post and was way bummed. Glad to see this being handled!

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I really hate to read threads like this - it's disappointing . They have great parts , and I had such a good experience .

Jamco - please open your eyes & get on the ball ... you're going to lose ALL of your business !! Bad word of mouth travels quicker & farther than good word of mouth , and it's not looking good here on the HAMB . Keep Jamco alive by at least answering e-mails & phonecalls , no matter how busy or how inconvenient the hour . You owe at least that much to your CUSTOMERS ... as THEY are the ones that keep YOUR business going .

15. Buddy read post #7 before you stick your foot in your mouth

16. He is not sticking his foot in his mouth. This comes up at least once a week about Jamco and it has to be seriously hurting their credibility at this point. It shouldn't take calling out a company on a website to get them to let you know what is going on which seems to continually be the case.

17. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Dude - no feet going into MY mouth (read below)

You're SPOT-ON , K13 ... it's been coming up A LOT lately . You shouldn't HAVE to bitch about a company (with yet another new thread) to get an issue solved/pacified . Like I said , they have quality products and I'd hate to see them go the way of the dodo because of bad customer relations .

18. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

That's some funny shit there!

19. skoh73

skoh73

Guys have posted bad things in the 52-56 Ford group as well regarding Jamco. Messed up orders, mis-ships, and absolute lack of customer service. How could you have a good product (I have heard the quality is good) and treat your customers so poorly. I will never purchase anything from them until I hear otherwise.

20. customstude53

customstude53
    from MA

well I've been told I should get them by thursday so I'll update this on thursday.

21. Tim Jones

Tim Jones

I was bummed as well. Zero returned phone calls and emails over months of asking. Canceled an order because of it and it took at least 3 months to credit my card. And that was only after I started getting really shitty in my messages. It sucks I need a ton of stuff from them as well. Had to look else where. Since they did finally refund my money I'm only posting this in hopes that it helps them get it together.

22. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I ordered springs from them and got them in a week. I would do business with them again.

23. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I hope everything works out .

Like I've said before , I had a great experience too with the stuff I ordered . It's just such a shame it's been so hit or miss lately :( .

24. I don't know why everyone hasn't given up on them yet. Quality doesn't matter much if there's a strong possibility that it isn't going to make it to your door.

25. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Sheetmetalguy, I can't look up your order if you don't give me your name. I sent you a PM asking for your info and all you did was throw ar rant and not give me any info to look you up. I am more than willing to work with you and get you your parts, but I need to know who you are.

26. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Really terrible on their customer service, which seems to be today, more important than ever in this present economy.
    Have a friend that just got into building up a '54 Ford sedan that had nothing but problems with Jamco. This was after I told him they were a good company. All of the above problems listed, delayed replies, long periods before parts arrived, wrong parts sent, parts that had to be modified (by us) before being able to be used.
    If the truth hurts, so be it.

27. slammed

slammed

And no one was ripped off. Cut paste.

28. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Didn't say anyone was ripped off...But it was this newbies first build, and the experience, and frustration with Jamco just about ruined him on the hobby.

29. marman1950

marman1950

My experience with them is that they are hard to get on the phone but once you get them to pick up they are great.... I'm sure they get tons of calls and they got back to my email fast however I'm more of a phone guy then email guy when I have questions. Plus, they have great products...

30. Talking to the boss always help.