Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods OLD HOT ROD '32 3 window in my shop with PICS!... Need some Measurements!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jonnycola, Feb 2, 2012.

1. jonnycola

jonnycola

They're the coolest tool ever. Hands down. Pullmax made dies from the factory for steps and simple half found beads, and for turning 45 and 90 degree edges... But they were primarily made for nibblng and parting steel plate. I made the dies that I used to make that door section.

2. fleet-master

fleet-master

the profile looks like it could do with goin down at the back by 11/32in ...no wait...its fuckin killer as is...your doin good so far jonny!! Keep up the good work!:D

btw...i'm jealous of your Pullmax..we don't see them over here very often.

subscribed :)

3. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Man, with the chop, sectioning, and shortening the proportions are freakin' perfect with the channel. This cars the shit. gotta keep an eye on this thread. Keep us posted.

4. jonnycola

jonnycola

Thanks guys. Its pretty wild... Im curious to see if its actually wedge sectioned... I need to take a bunch more measurements. Jeffrey, I think they're 5.60x16 in the front and 7.00x16 in the back. I robbed them off my Model A coupe just to see what this thing would look like with whitewalls

Attached Files:

5. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

I love the look, stance, and attitude.

6. F&J

F&J

You can prove it by measuring a stock firewall, and it would also tell how much was taken out of the front of the wedge.

7. Jonny the measurement from the door handle hole down is 22 3/8. At the cowl front edge bottom of the bead to bottom of the cowl is 22 5/8, That should give you what you need...L.B.

8. I don't think you need to bring the back down at all. I think it is sitting dead on perfect right now. It just screams hot rod.

9. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

I like the look of this car that much im going to post again! yep the stance and body lines look awesome!

my weekly metal work blog www.themetalsurgeon.com

10. mdub

mdub

i love the way it sits, just awesome.

11. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

I'm usually hi-boy fan, but that thing is too cool. That Weesner pic Cactus posted is spot on with this.

Can't wait to see progress on it.

12. onedge

onedge

very good looking car. best one I've seen in awhile. curious about the section numbers?

13. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I like that a LOT,I'd DIG the channelled profile!

Nick.

14. kisam

kisam

Wow! It looks just right with that channel. I am really curious to who did the chop?

15. jonnycola

jonnycola

Wow, well it looks like its wedge sectioned 3-7/8" in the front and 1-3/4" at the door hinges... The cowl is only cut 3-5/8. I wonder why?? Seems like a lot of modifying for an old circle track car... Maybe it was some kind of old 70's altered?

Attached Files:

16. jonnycola

jonnycola

Sending this back to the top... Maybe someone will recognize it. It came from the Indiana area.

17. Cyclebilly

Cyclebilly
    from Chicago

This is how it looked when i got it.. But as johnny discovered it had another life before this 70's-80's version. This chassis had a solid mounted Olds rearend and it was a 283 with a turbo400 and i guess it had a 427 in it before that but that was blown up before the last owner got it.

[​IMG]

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377220

18. mlagusis

mlagusis

I wonder if some one made a 3 window out of a 4 door

19. Not likely given that nearly all the body lines and panels would need to be changed for that kind of conversion. A '32 Fordor to 5-window would be plausible, but that's a totally different animal than a 3-window.

This car has always been a 3-window.

20. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

I've got agree that the proportions are perfect the way you have it mocked up Jonny, it's the sickest three window I've seen in ages. I would leave the body exactly as it sits, the rear end just up a little gives it sooo much bad ass attitude. Maybe drop th grill shell down (or chop it) to line up more with he cowl but it might not even need that......what a transformation from where it started. Perfect the way you've got it man. Love it.

F

21. jonnycola

jonnycola

Bttt... maybe someone will recognize this thing?

22. F&J

F&J

I remember that CL score thread on hamb. I don't recall any of us spotting that it was a sectioned body.

23. seatex

seatex

Man, the proportions on that car are just fucking wild1 I LOVE IT!

24. brady1929

brady1929

i agree, nice proportions

25. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Reminds me of Little Deuce Coupe with the channel.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  26. that car is looking so awesome. bobby you're psyched!

27. Great looking car...looks like the exhaust will interfere with the door?

28. Cyclebilly

Cyclebilly
    from Chicago

29. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

They got the lines right but the workmanship is really poor, I think it needs to be redone but no big changes. Wish I had the money to buy it but don't have the skills to complete it and sure couldn't afford to farm out the work, I hope it gets a good home and a proper rebuild..