Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rare 38 gmc panel find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by classicdreamer, Feb 4, 2012.

1. mickeymoto48

mickeymoto48

That's definitely a '39. I am restoring a '40 Chevrolet panel. The '40 has "park lights" on the top of the front fenders. The bad news is, the 1939 and '40 Chevrolet/GMC trucks were unique those two years. The good news is, except for the hood, hood sides, fenders, and grill, they are pretty much the same from the firewall back to the 41-46 trucks. The better news is, you seem to have scored a pretty complete truck. Good luck.
    You can see my journey at: https://picasaweb.google.com/mcook48/1940ChevroletPanelTruck02?authkey=Gv1sRgCM6OnfmC887FhQE

2. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

What happened to the pictures?

3. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

that didnt last long, it is on ebay for sale.

4. Kind of disgusted he suggests it could be a rat rod in the ad.
    Hopefully the next owner will do it tastefully.

5. I would have already been ripping the cab & bed off of my 90 Chevy to drop it on & keep the rest as stock as possible :(RAT ROD:(

6. classicdreamer

classicdreamer
    from nyc
    1. A-D Truckers

I know all about the rat rod word. I would love to see it restored back to its glory. At most an engine swap. But to be honest when selling something, rat rod crap gets big money and if it sells it out of my power. Sorry to dissapoint by using the word rat. It was my intention to restore it back to original just to inform all on my intentions, but something else came up.