Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Ford 3 Window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48FordFanatic, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Now you have the answer to the question asked. You have a great looking car you built and are driving. Is it real...you bet it is. Real cars are ones you can drive and enjoy. Glass is class and steel is sometimes real or repo. Who cares.

2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great lookin HOT ROD Skirv,A westcott ect. ain`t a street beast,Glass can have Class...but old steel is always real.Build somthing you like and have fun.Lifes to short.Just my 2 cents worth.

3. [​IMG]

Looks like a lot of '32 Fords don't it?,,some are original Henry,some are repro steel and a few glass cars,,on the Deuce run I have never heard a negative comment about anyone's choice of building material,,just a bunch of really cool folks.

Build what you want and can afford,,none of them are cheap anymore. HRP

4. outlaw256

outlaw256

ive got a 41 willys glass car.(just sittin for now) anyway i had a old guy im quessing in his late 70s tell me when he saw it that if they had that in his day he would have had one in a heartbeat,said then he wouldnt have had to fuck with a rusted up bent up pos that he had.said they didnt make repop parts back then and it was a bitch to find body parts that were better than the ones he had. and said these things are a lot lighter than steel and that ol 327 would have been a little qiucker not having to push all that weight.if it would have been good enough for my old friend then its good enough for me.as afr as how many 32s are steel compared to glass on the hamb. no idea but i quess to say alot more steel than glass. alot more.and some who have glass may be kinda on the shy side to say they have glass.

5. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

Put a bit of a twist to it....I get a real kick out of these '' Fellows '' that are advertising a super slick 32 or 34 car that is considered a "SMOOTHY" for 100 Grand or more....They have paid some 'artizan' mega bucks to transform their beloved steel car into what looks like a fine Plastic ''Street Rod'' (some call it car art).....They look like some of the Flip cheap glass car that are sold as 'rollers' are set up to run with the bare minimum Except they have slick shiney paint...Ah the cheapeez don't have handles,trim EITHER....I have both a steel one and a quality glass one.....I don't have to check my New Age Motorsport for RUST bubbles.....The 34 is all steel and rust free but the FEAR is always there......signed, Tryna Rust in INdiana

6. smittythejunkman

smittythejunkman

Ok I've been watching close for the last couple of years and about 1/2 of the 3 windows that I have seen are glass . Some are shitty (ok more than some)but some glass cars have fantastic fit and finish and are tough to spot . some steel cars are just patchwork.my 32 3w is an old stock car its ok but dont look too close. 80 years of hard livin takes its toll.
    Steel or glass it makes no difference build what you want and can afford now and the hell with what any one thinks
    henry steel,brookville or glass if you build with your own hands its real!!

7. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

I agree,,,Mine's an N&N and I LOVE IT!!!!!
    Hey,,,,We all try to get that '32 look one way or another.

Attached Files:

• car9.jpg
      car9.jpg
      File size:
      334.8 KB
      Views:
  8. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Very well said!!!!

9. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Siickk looking Rod!!!!:cool:

10. HotRodderDaughter

HotRodderDaughter
    from San Diego

I'm going to have to disagree with a few people and say yes you CAN tell by looking at a car up close if it is fiberglass or steel.

With that being said, I agree, who cares. Not everyone has a ton to spend on a body, especially after you consider the paint, interior, wheels, etc, the list never ends. (I'm going to get SLAUGHTERED here but whatever-I think the look of rat rods is awesome-and a money saver!)

Of course there will be a billion people that ask & if you don't care about their thoughts then go ahead! Granted, if you are looking to flip the car then you'd make more (obviously) with a steel body.

They're both fun to work on & drive!!

Either way, have fun!! :)

11. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

You Guys make "Killer" interiors!!!

12. HotRodderDaughter

HotRodderDaughter
    from San Diego

Thank you Killer32! It's all my dad. :)

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

This arguement is like "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" There will never be a concensus, some will just never like glass and others love em.

I've had both, and the grin on my face was just the same going down the road whether the skin was steel or glass. (And when they look as cool as Skirvs 32 my grin would be even bigger ! :D)

Don

14. HotRodderDaughter

HotRodderDaughter
    from San Diego

Agreed!!! :)

15. 4psi

4psi

My "Henry Ford Steel" 1932 three window has fiberglass fenders. I am not taking them off...nope...no way lol. Some of my friends don't like them so much, but I even like the fact that they don't like'em. Maybe someday I will be able to buy some steel fenders but that would be at the very end of my to do list.

16. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

some of the folks that posted in this thread are the exact reason I dont like 32 fords, seems like every other one is owned by a guy with a stick way up his ass.

Sickening is what it is.

If I ever win the lotto (fat chance) I'm gonna buy a really nice all henry steel 32 ford and make a rat rod from it (even though I cant stand rats), beat the crap out of it, weld stupid shit to it, spray the fenders with muratic acid and shoot it full of holes. Then on my show plaque I'll put pictures of what I started with just to see the look of absolute horror on some of your faces.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  17. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Your reply was refreshing.