Register now to get rid of these ads!

progress pics, buffing has begun!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SwitchBlade327, Jun 21, 2005.

1. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

after about 80 or so hours of colorsanding I figured its slicked out enough to start buffing. This is where I stand at the end of tonight, got one side pretty much knocked out with the heavy cut compound. Finish the other side tomorrow night, then get the fine cut and finishing compound done on wednesday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Wow, that's looking good.

3. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

4. Muttley

Muttley

5. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Satin wha? Primered who?.............all I'm seein is glossy FLAKE and I LOVE IT!!!!:D
    xxx
    Brandy

6. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

sweet!!, can i ask you what tip you used on yer gun or did you use one of those flake guns. :D:D:D

7. donovandagger

donovandagger

looks awesome.................way ta be!!!!

8. luckystiff

luckystiff

now all you need to do is find a set of wheels. those caps don't do it any justice at all. looking good....ken....

9. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I used a cheaper gravity gun with a 2.0 tip for the flake......

Ken, I agree with ya on the caps now that they're on the car, but they're paid for so what can ya do? You still got those chrome reverses?

10. Dude that looks killer! Big thumbs up, sure is gonna stand out :D

11. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

gawd, i hope i dont have to park next to this guy at a show!...its too damn hot this summer to have to wear a welding mask with a #10 lense all fricken day just cuz im blinded by the badass flake!:D

12. luckystiff

luckystiff

nah. marcus got those from me a while ago. i did know of a few sets of nice old cragars a while back. i seem to remember you just recently got hose tires. what size and i can check the area and see what comes up. i know they aren't your thing, but tru spokes would look fucking killer on there. or if you know where a nice set of tru's are i'd probably take them in a trade situation for my supremes. i want tru's or skylark wires for the buick. bad. i was just gonna put the supremes on the plymouth if i keep it which i probably am. i just gotta find some motivation. i'm sure we can find something for yur car somewhere...ken....

13. Phule

Phule

Gotta love that bass boat flake!

14. I'll buy you a set of Astros before I see you run those caps. That paint is too 60's for those. It'll take away from the car.

15. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I thought the caps would look better than they do. They work better than the baby moons though.....We're not gonna be able to afford rims for awhile after all the money I sank into the paint and shit, so it looks like I'm stuck with what I've got.:( I'll have to check the tire size, I know they're 15" but I'm unsure of the width, if I had to guess I'd say about 7" wide.....

16. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

sanding and polishing sucks sooooooo bad but the end result is worth all the effort.

17. Crease

Crease

Amazing whatcha can do with a cheap paint gun lots of talent and a ton of work!

18. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

Thanks for the encouragement, damn buffing sucks balls!

She ain't perfect, but she still looks pretty goddamn cool to me! The wheels are bugging the HELL outta me since they were pointed out though:mad:

19. that is one SICK looking ride....I like it...

It almost looks like you could tap it and "CrEEEk" it would crack into a million pieces.

20. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Man,,,that looks great....When did you want to do mine??..lol..

21. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

Didn't you say you had sanded it with 1500? You did not need heavy cut compound. :eek: I use 1000 & buff with 3M Perfect-It III (# 05933) on a foam compounding pad & final polish with foam pad polish. You're making it a lot harder than it should be! :rolleyes: (& it's hard enough as it is!)
    ~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

Giggle Cream - it makes dessert *funny*!

22. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Is the roof reg white. I think ivory would look awesome. Although you probably dont want to paint anything else for a while.

23. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I used 1000 & 1500, so I'm using the heavy cut just in case theres places I hit with 1000, then missed with the 1500, plus I was taught to use coarse, fine, and finishing compounds on everything and it's worked well thus far.
    The roof is fleet white, w/ 4 coats of pearl, and abalone flake on top of the pearl. It's impossible to get a good picture of.
    Heres another sneak peek.:D

[​IMG]

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

25. The car looks great, don't sweat the caps they look good too!

26. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

I was just saying that you don't need the heavy cut even for 1000 if you use the right compound. It's looking fantastic, though! ;)

~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

America - made in China! :mad:

27. You can sell those caps for a decent buck. I assume you have paint left fromt the roof and body? Spray your steelies silver and fog them w/ the body color, then some chrome lug nuts. Bleed did this on the wheels of one of his cars and can probably get you pic.'s. It's dope and cheap.

Really bitchen paint. Killer.

28. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I'd do somethign like that if I had the time, but Istill have to do my garnish mouldings and a few other interior parts, get the car finished buffed and assembled, and pack all my shit up and move out of the shop before next friday. I'm running on a real tight time frame....