Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do you guys use for your Model A doors for paint protection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rats28, Feb 3, 2012.

1. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Trying to figure out what to use on inside edges of door to protect the paint when closing the doors!! What do some of you use?

2. belle

belle

not sure why you will need that , the rubber bumpers hold the door from the body.

3. Reds 29

Reds 29

The weatherstrip door seal I used fits between door and body and prevents the 2 from touching. Check with Snyders or Mac's.
    Red

4. brianj

brianj

I actualy used hardware store rubber weatherstripping with the self-adhesive tape on it- It worked great, and I can replace it every couple of years for next to nothing. Not exactly correct, I suppose, but she ain't no showpiece- just a good driver.

5. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Thanks guys

6. striper

striper

I have no rubber bumpers or seals on my modified. I had a little bit of the clear adhesive film used to protect the top surface of skis. It's a thick plastic film. I just cut some thin strips and ran them down the inside of the trailing edge of the doors. I don't think they actually touch anyway because my interior door panels contact first and cushion the doors.