Register now to get rid of these ads!

"My Blue Heaven" 1959 Ford, anybody know where it is today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom64ford, Jul 4, 2008.

1. custom_cargal

custom_cargal
    from Winlock WA

The first time I seen My Blue Heaven Ron owned it. It was at an invitational get together in Yakima,WA. It was featured along with the Red Rage owned by Paul H. It was the 1st time the Red Rage and My blue heaven were together in the same place, same time in 20+ years. I have some really great pictures of both together.
    I did an article on the two cars in the 90's for Cruisin Mag NW.

custom_cargal

2. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

Please share!!! Lets see some pictures!

3. Seen, Paul H A few weeks ago that car is so nice ! he was at the roadmasters dinner. at Norms house.

4. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for posting those pics- I'd never seen it before. It truly is spectacular.

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

a few I have

interior shot, if only the gages were restored
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

Yeah, I don't know why the guy who restored it did not use the original guages? He put digital guages in it?? I am not sure about the center console either? I will have to look at the original feature in the little pages.

7. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Anyone know how much it is sectioned? Maybe 4 or 5"? Beautiful car.

8. Kustom64ford

Kustom64ford

I can't find my little pages. I believe it says in that article. I can't remember a damned thing!

9. old beet

old beet

I helped gut the interior when it was brand new. The painter at the body shop on Sandy Blvd, where the car was built was painting my dash board athe time. I remember the bill was $2500. Was originally to have canted quad headlites, but ran out of money. It was drivin from Idaho rite from the dealer. Was once owned by a gardener at the Hyatt Hotel in Seattle, he said he bought it at the Portland Swap Meet in very poor condition for $800. Best 59 Ford ever done!!!!!!!!

10. fleet-master

fleet-master

bit of an old thread i know....but sure would be cool to have an update and/or pics of this all-time classic Kustom 59 Ford......... PB :)

11. oilring

oilring
    from georgia

I own my blue heaven and restored it. I moved from puget sound to savannah ga. area five years ago.

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I was told a strange story about this superb custom:

Long ago, when this car was new, the owner saw a model car that had been customized,
    a '59 Ford that had been sectioned (!) and painted this beautiful metallic blue.
    The owner allegedly had the full size car customized after the model...
    This tale was told to me by model car guru Budd Anderson ('The Kat from AMT') shortly before his death.
    The story was documented in an old model car publication, with pictures of both.
    I believe Don Graham, the model car exhibitor at Santa Maria show can verify.

13. Mike, this sounds more like the story on the 59 that Lonnie Gilbertson built. He had built a 59 ford model and duplicated it years later in the metal so to speak. It also was painted blue. Who knows for sure........

14. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

well, Hello 'oilring', have any current photo's of the car? thanks for speaking up, now all we need is someone to ask intelligent questions

15. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

which leaves me out.

16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Lonnie's name was mentioned earlier in this thread, Zapato. Quien sabe'...

17. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

There were two kick ass 59's done back in the 60's this one and a yellowish green one that I vaguely remember I for some reason love 59's love to see more pictures [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  18. That is the question........

19. 60 ford

60 ford

That has to be the slickest 59 Ford I've ever seen.

20. koolkat

koolkat
    from Merced CA

Budd 'The Kat' Anderson told me he built the model, then My Blue Heaven was built to match the model, however Ron Sander had told me at Paso several years back when he took My Blue Heaven there, that it was the other way around. I do know Budd was prone to 'embellish' stories, so who knows?

I remember the real car when it first came out, and Budd's model was in a different magazine about the same general time frame, so....?

I own Budd's model of the car and it has a prominent place on my shelf.

21. MrMack

MrMack
    from Oregon

Rod & Custom Magazine May 1960

22. MrMack

MrMack
    from Oregon

The article in the May 1960 issue of Rod & Custom says it was sectioned 4" and it was done at Peatzold Body Shop in Portland, Oregon.

23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Wow...Oil Ring, Koolkat, Shoe (Zapato) and Mr. Mack! Thanks for all the effort...This has got to be the DEEPEST section job ever done. What a story!

Love a mysterious lady, especially one with a past.....

24. bob3757

bob3757
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tigard, Or

As MrMack said, the car was built at Paetzold's body shop, which was on Sandy Blvd, about 76th ave. The body work was done by Frank VanBeek, and Dick (Williams)?, and was painted by Phil Shaffer, when he was 19 years old. Bob

25. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

That was a 58 Ford and the modeler/builder was Lonnie Gilbertson. Here's a picture of it with Donn Lowe standing by it. Donn built the car for Lonnie.
    Mike
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  26. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

If memory serves me correctly, My Blue Heaven, the car was built in 1959 in 6 weeks. I think Ron bought the car in about 1990 or 91 and restored it.
    Mike

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  27. oilring

oilring
    from georgia

OK to all you rod benders out their, I'm Ron Sander I've just read all comments posted about My Blue Heaven. Here's the real story about its beginning as told to me by the orginal owner Chuck Atwood. Chuck was in Portland from Beuhl Id, going to school. He bought the ford from Francis Ford in Portland. He took it back for some warinty work, they gave him a loner car, while driving around he got T boned and ended up in the hospital. His roommate and him were chatting, the guy said that he had a 53 olds being customized at Paetzolds. When he got out of the hospital he went to Paetzolds and was talking to Frank VanBeek, Dick Williams And Phil Schaffer. They were discussing what to customize, Phil suggested to section it, Chuck did'nt know anything what sectioning ment. So Phil drew a scetch, Chuck liked the idea, then Dick Williams went to work, he did the sectioning, Frank did the finish work and Phil did the scallops and pin stripping. I asked Chuck about Budd Anderson model he said he did'nt know anything about it. While all this was going on I would come to the shop after high school and do shop flunky duties. This one day I came in I saw this new white Galaxie with red interior sitting in the corner. I asked Dick what was wrong with the car why is it here, he said well we're going to customize it, I thought Wow. So after it was started I pretty much saw the step by step process. Hope ya'll enjoyed this. Oilring

kidcampbell71 and Austinrod like this.
  28. mj40's

mj40's

That's Buhl. Idaho, My home town.

29. oilring

oilring
    from georgia

My Blue Heaven is sectioned 4 inches. It has a 69 302 ford eng, c4 trans. Interior is all changed mustang buckets T-bird rear seat. The original interior was'nt that great, if you look at the R&C mag you'll see the backs of the front & back seat sticks up about 4 inches. Oilring.

30. oilring

oilring
    from georgia

Ya! I knew it did'nt look right when I typed it in. Oilring.