Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ABSAROKA STATE TAKEOVER 2012 Sheridan, Wyoming

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, Feb 2, 2012.

1. The Absaroka State Takeover 2012... Named Absaroka State to Honor the attempt of the citizens of Sheridan, Wyoming to form a new state in 1939. Wyoming's only pure Traditional Hot Rod and Custom Car Gathering, at the foot of the majestic Big Horn Mountains, is sure to delight like minded gearheads with our focus on upholding tradition and honoring our predecessors.

August 17th and 18th in Beautiful Sheridan/Big Horn, Wyoming.

[​IMG]

Miss Absaroka Pin-up Girl Contest on the 17th. Meet the 2011 Miss Absaroka and see the Crowning of the 4th (1939,2010,2011, and soon 2012) MISS ABSAROKA!

[​IMG]

Saturday, the 18th of August witness the Pre-1965 Hot Rod & Custom Car Gathering with Live Music, food, and drinks, both days.

For More Info or Pre-Registration Contact Stutz via PM, Email [email protected], or Call 307-752-4676.

Join the Takeover, Protect your rights to Hot Rod, Keep the Spirit Alive!

VIEW THESE LINKS FOR PICS FROM PREVIOUS YEARS

Note: Period and Chopped Motorcycles Welcome, by approval.

MAP!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  2. Glenn Thoreson

Glenn Thoreson
    from SW Wyoming

Hey, cool! I knew there had to be something to do in this state other than swat skeeters. :D
    Glenn
    Cokeville, WY

3. Cant wait, gunna be great for sure!

4. Poster looks real good.

5. Thanks Fellers. I'm busy working away.

6. The usual rabble from Billings will be there.

7. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Looks like fun have to try and make it from black hawk s.d.

8. 6inarow

6inarow

I AM going to make it this year if I have to push my 56. You guys will take a 4 door wont you?

9. Of Course! The four the merrier.

10. 6inarow

6inarow

I"ll get to Rapid and go with those guys. I have intnded to make this the past 2 years. Sounds like fun. Do you plan to have that little hottie Miss Abasroka there this summer???

11. Yes, and we will be crowning a new one too.

12. Tom, thats the tail end of Bonneville so I will have to be back here on call. Dad will have his 56 running tho. Maybe him and Todd can take that and my 54 up there to cruise with you.

13. I hope you can make it one of these years Trent.

14. Speaking of Bonneville... anyone coming back that has to pass by feel free to be part of the show. Or at least stop and say hello!

15. If you plan on coming feel free to steal a form and send it in!

If for some reason this form doesn't come up... send me and email at
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  16. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Uhm...uhm...on your flyer it says "Pre-registration $25.00 per vehicle"...but on your post you say "HAMB discount $25.00"...and the registration form says $30.00... is that one for day of show...or pre-regis...or...??? You should really get those in sync...

I've printed off the regis. form and will hang it on the wall...we may get up there this summer...

R-

17. Thanks for noticing that, I ended up fixing it on the reg form.

I will have a special surprise for all the HAMB Members.

18. Not another reach-around?:eek:

19. haha suuuurree

20. Trophy Plaques are ordered From the wonderful O'Brien Truckers. The Venue is in place (With a big ass lot, and green grass, and plenty of shade). Girls are signing up for the Pin-up Show. Things are happening. Feel Free to Pre-Register now, Because this is going to be a great event. Call me or email if you have ANY questions!

21. Going to try to make it this year....IF all of the planets align and no disaster strikes.
    It's going to be a long haul, (500 miles at least) but should be a good time. Half the fun is getting there, right?

BTW, what's the deadline for sign up?

22. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Just drove the 58 crewcab out of the shop tonight. Got a long ways to go, and a short time to get there.

23. The deadline for registration is the night before the 18th.

24. Reid and I are fitting our trucks with towbar brackets, first guy to breakdown (or drunk) gets towed to the show.

25. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

If my truck breaks, who tows me? This thing is a beast.

26. Just don't go breaking down in Lodge Grass now... we will never hear from you again!

27. Reid and I will chain ours together door to door like draft horses... its two lane into Big Horn I can see it now.

28. Little tid bit of slightly unrelated news, I got an actual Absaroka Plate! I'll have it on display at the show!

29. Lacy Lane

Lacy Lane
    from Nebraska

I am really looking forward to the show!