Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Much I Wanted To Do (Cancer Sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Just stumbled on the thread . Good to hear that surgery went OK . Hoping ya stay clean of the big-C !

2. GREAT NEWS SCOT.
    Take it easy for a few and don't blow a gasket!

BUT.........
    we'll wanna' see some automotive construction progress after that.

3. Shedrat29

Shedrat29

Great news Scot, pleased its all gone well for you, cheers Keith.

4. raidmagic

raidmagic

Great news!! We'll be praying that it stays away!!

5. delaware1930

delaware1930
    from Delaware

I will keep you in my prayers! i also wish you the best.

6. Ole'32

Ole'32
    from Arizona

Hey so sorry to read your post. Agree that cancer sucks!!! Will be praying for you!

Bryson

7. Colinm

Colinm

Ya ain't gone yet and there's still tons of shit left to do....
    Rest when you're gone

Now get to work!

8. Willy301

Willy301

Alright ya slacker, get busy, you have a lot to catch up on. You have laid around for a couple days, now back to work. =D Excellent news my friend, now you have your wake up call that everyday on this earth is precious. Seriously, you need to post the unedited to do list, we need some entertainment =D

9. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

JUST Got back from the Doc...Seems that if I had waited anymore time before the surgery they might not have been able to help me..As it is my Doc seems to think he might have gotten it all....We will have a for sure report in about six weeks....Frankly I am really stoaked now...Counting my blessings and moving forward as I have a new radiator being delivered today so it's on to the man cave from here on out...You Guys have been wonderful...Looking foward to my 48 F1 build for all to see...Learning so much from everone on here...(It's a good thing)....Scot

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That is great news, Scot. We are all pulling for you and it looks like things are looking up. As you can see by the responses, you have a lot of friends on here that care.

Keep us posted, please. Now get out there and get to work. ;)

Don

11. endlessearth

endlessearth

Great news! Time to turn some wrenches in celebration.

12. scoobyscooter

scoobyscooter

Excellent News...I'm happy for you and will keep you in my prayers till the report comes out. Now.....get out to the shop and off the computer:D

13. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I glad to hear your sugery went well.
    I waited to post this till now

Below is a picture of my best friends brain the large white mass is a lemon size tumor it was removed last year. Since then he has had several bouts with kemo and radiation, but I am happy to report he is very well and has been able to return to work ( limited ) and driving again, he is well on his way to a full recovery.

Through this ordeal, He has been down but never lost hope, I am blessed to even know someone this strong let alone be called his friend.

Cancer is an awful thing, but it can be beat. You have been through the ringer already but it will get better. Please stay positive and hold your loved ones close. NEVER GIVE UP.

MrC.

Attached Files:

14. Glad the surgery went well. I just had my biospy Tues., took out 32 pieces to check. Wont know my fate till the 14th. This cancer stuff is some scary shit.

15. opu27

opu27
    from ONYX,CALIF

you are doing gods word ! the lord tells us to share our burdens with one another. you may never know the blessings you are giving others. lord i pray you will continue to give him piece and love.

16. Scott

Scott

Glad things are looking up Scotty, keep pluggin along!!!

17. 14Hotrods

14Hotrods

I too am sorry to hear of your news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

We recently got news of my mother-in-law being diagnosed with cancer. I will say, I have found great admiration in my father-in-law. Through life he has been some what of a negative man. With this news he has put all of negativity about, people, politics, etc aside and has made every moment as positive and happy for his wife as he possibly can. I think it takes a lot to always have a half full glass. This is a great place to be, to keep you upbeat. HAMBer's are great people.

Good luck, and like everybody has wrote......don't give up.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cancer does indeed suck. my good buddies 20 year old son just passed this morning after 4 years of hell that started with colitis, then a liver transplant and cancer twice.

to add to the madness my buddy has just gotten over cancer himself.

shitty deal all around.

19. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

So very thankful for all of you on here...So much you have shared with me..I wish the very best for those of you who need support..And condolences where you have lost a friend or loved one to this horrible thing called Cancer...I feel blessed to have all of you.....Thanks , Scot

20. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

One great big hot rod family,, sniff sniff,,
    well, how r u feeling ?
    Getting back to business yet?

21. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Yes I am back to my old self. Finishing my 53 Customline. Just about ready to fire her up for a test run. Then it is in with the 48 F1 build. I will be posting the whole build. Looking forward never Back.

22. trashn'l

trashn'l

Good to hear! Looking forward to the new build.

23. redroaddog

redroaddog

kool!!!! i look forward to seeing the 53 on the road this summer:cool:

24. Thoughts and prayers are with you from this part of Canada. Many people say and I have witnessed that attitude is everything. Enjoy every day and look forward to the next and know that we all care and are saying a prayer !
    God Bless ! Wayne

25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Holy crap! I thought mine was big at 5cm.

26. cornbread-red

cornbread-red

I am doing maintenance after cancer treatments. I am in remission and thank the Lord every day. I bought my rod in March was diagnosed with cancer in June and was thankful for the car. I worked on it almost constantly,(the days I felt good) it kept me occupied. consider your rod as therapy. You are in my prayers also. Hit your knees, talk with the Lord, and keep your chin up. Nowdays cancer is most beatable.

Gary aka cornbread-red

27. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Ok, Guys...Looks like I can close this chapter in my life...Yesterday the Doc told me no detectable PSA..."Cancer Free"...I want to thank each and everyone of you for the outstanding support through this journey...Oh..And it still sticks in the back of your mind that..It aint over till it's over, But I am moving on and giving it hell everyday...Not that I ever gave up...Feeling very Blessed to be alive...Love all you Guys...Don't tell anybody..They might think I'm a sissy...And everbody knows I am a Badass....:>)

28. OUTSTANDING NEWS! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. sun down

sun down
    from tx

great news, I go for my regular 3 month check up next week to make sure mine is stiff off the radar.........we all know the battle is tough
    but as you have proven , it can be done...good luck my friend

30. Mart

Mart

Great news.
    Don't worry, we know you're Badass.

Mart.