Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spotlights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell de Moor, Feb 2, 2012.

1. I have never used spotlights before but really want to. I have a '56 Ford that I am trying to turn into a mid-late '50s custom. I recently saw these on the web. Would they of been used on a custom car in the mid-late '50s? Thanks!

Don't know how to post a photo from my iPad and my computer is in the shop at the moment so here is a description...

"1950's "A" post police spotlights"

"1950s 'A' post police spotlights - genuine Ford script - NOS - $175.00 each"

Thanks guys!

2. Mitchel did your other thread disappear before you read my post?

3. Yes, I think it may have been because it had a classified add in it? Or maybe because my computer broke and I am trying to figure this out on my iPad? What did you say in it?

Thanks!

4. The jist of it is that I have used that type when i have used spot lights and know many who have. they are not the booby look alike custom lights that get used but they are a functional spot light.

5. Thanks, I was looking more for the "look" so to speak. Do you think someone would have used them in the fifties?

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

If you just want the "look", why not use the "dummy" spots that were very popular in the late '50s and '60s....easy to install and you don't have to ruin nice stainless window moldings in the process or, if not that, cutting holes through the fender and cowl.

The dummy spots are available from a number of custom parts suppliers. Typically they are lind of bullet shaped and mimic the Appletons that were so popular.

Ray

7. Thanks, might go this rout. Just saw these in the classifieds (parts are usually hard to come by around me) and wondered if they would be okay. I am more into looks, but it is cool when the part functions as well.

8. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

9. rdrunner1974

rdrunner1974
    from Vermont

10. rdrunner1974

rdrunner1974
    from Vermont

these are also nice spot lights
    [​IMG]

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

12. I've a pair of dummies on my car and am currently debating on removing them but that was before I read they were part of the '50's/'60's culture. Still might get rid of them along with the trunk effect to better the cars lines. Good thread.