Register now to get rid of these ads!

hurst racing tyres

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kiwi32rodder, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwi32rodder

kiwi32rodder

can anyone help in finding out more about these guys and cody
    paid for some pie curst grooved 30' x 15' x 10'' tyres for the back of my 32 and were to be shipped to new zealand but now that tyres all paid for I cannot get hold of them to find out were they are.

Has anyone had any other issues twith these guys?

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Cody goes by Hotrodrubber.. look him up via the search and send him a PM..

I have always had good experience working with them.

3. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

That company seems legit, Being shipped from Oregon to out of the country might take longer time. Cant you call them direct and get tracking info on your order ?

4. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Cody is super legit, its a small family run business, shoot him an email or keep trying him on the phone, I have bought from him and would again in a heart beat.

Scot

5. Don't they make them as they are ordered?

6. Cody had bad blood wih a friend of mine and for a while I didn't have a good opinion of him.
    I have sat back and watched to see what was going to happen and he has done well. He delivers what he says he is going to deliver and his product is top notch. I can't imagine that he is trying to hustle you, I would make an honest effort to contact him to see what is going on.

7. kiwi32rodder

kiwi32rodder

thanks gives me hope
    been trying for over a week e mail and phone
    His last e mail send a copy of invoice and tracking info but never came. left it for a week then started to try to contact him with another week gone by.but he never responded
    but thanks for good news hope the tyres just turn up
    However would be good if he could respond

8. Its a small business and as has been said a family business. A stout dose of the flu could put them all down at once for a week or so.

I'm not saying that they have the flu just an example. Family emergencies are hard on a small business.

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You'll never have a problem with Cody... I have dealt with him and his dad many times and they do actually more than they say. Pretty damn rare these days.

10. scarletfever

scarletfever
    from texas

Cody IS the best...... we had waited for two months just hoping to have a glimmer of the tires that Coker promised (through Summit) and we were tired of waiting when i posted a question on the HAMB. many comments told me to check out Cody's deal.

we got them within two weeks made to order! They drive out just fine...

Attached Files:

11. Excellent guys and great tires.

Give them a shout. HOTRODRUBBER

12. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

I have not been in the shop for a week because im in Pomona for the Grand National Roadster Show. Your tires shipped a weekend ago DHl, the tracking #'s are at the shop but you should see them any day.

13. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

These guys rock-you'll love the product man!!

14. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i got a set for my 32 kopper krate and they were stand up guys!!

15. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

I've been very abusive to mine, they wear like iron :D

Attached Files:

16. kiwi32rodder

kiwi32rodder

All good
    tyres arrived and fitted
    great looking tyres
    just a little lack of communication caused the concern.

thanks guys and cody

[​IMG]

17. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Don't you just love a happy ending?

Cody treated me like gold...He's great to deal with.

18. Double 'G'

Double 'G'
    from Houston

Good Story to the end, I have bought tires and have thrown back a beer with them when they made it to the Lonestar Round Up last year. Good crew. Their new ' Super Cushion' wide white front tires are the best I have had. I will always buy my tires from them. GG

Attached Files:

19. We are dealers for Hurst racing tires in the central U.S.A. and can attest to the fact that Cody is a stand up guy!! Never had a problem with his products or services.....

20. kiwi32rodder

kiwi32rodder

finally got pics of tyres on car
    As said by you all, good looking tyres and fit well to a fenderless 32

Yes would also recommend these

Attached Files:

21. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

22. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I sold and shipped engiine parts to Austraila. They got lost in the customs there...took the customer about a month to find them. They are likely there in Kiwi land...you just have to find them.
    When this happened to me I tried from my end and was told they were in customs and the customer just had to make the right phone call and pick them up. It took a bit of leg work but he found the parts.
    Those guys at Hurst are good folks...at least to me they were.

23. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

cody wasnt a stand up guy for my buddy, why do you have to wait two months for your tires? i'll tell you why.my buddy bought hurst tires from cody and they couldnt be balanced so he called cody and cody said"just run em they will be okay" well they bounced so bad my buddy had to take them off, he contacted cody and he gave my buddy the run around, he said get them balanced on a machine that anchores by the lug nut holes. my friend did, they wouldnt balance out, so my friend dismounted them and wanted to send them them back after only 200 miles because they were a hazard on the car, cody said, hows the bead on the tire?, my friend said its crumbling and falling apart. cody said sorry cant do nothing for you, and your not getting your money back, well , why would he ask right away how the bead was? sounds like prior problems with the core tire he's been using for the recaps to me, i was going to buy some tires from this place but im not now, my friend has been doing cars for 40 years and ive been doing drag cars for thirty, this guy will not honor anything, beware! spend the extra money and buy radire tires out of new jersey, they will honor your purchase. i had a flawed 9 inch rear tire from them and they replaced it no questions asked,they might be more money, but you get what you pay for, this cody is out in oregon somewhere, not a nice person to deal with, he's nice untill you have a problem, if you use a credit card he will charge your card immediatley and then delay as long as he can to deliver your tires so the 90 days runs out on the credit card resolution time, after 90 days you cant get your money back from the credit card company. so its up to you..... our is still pending, let you know what happens.

24. Here we go again really ? There is reason why he asked the question regarding the bead of the tire. You said your buddy dismounted them (himself or tire shop) so he(or shop) must have messed up the bead ? Do you know Cody have dealt with him yourself ? Let's get both sides on this one before you start trashing someone on here.. fair ? HMMM ???

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  25. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

went to a place that does racing tires, why wont he help then? the bead is CRUMBLING APART, im not trashing anyone, just stand behind your product,if he fixes this i'll take down my post down and be happy, radire tires are alot more money but they will exchange your tire if you have problems, cody wont even pay the shipping, the bead is the toughest part of the tire, why would he immediatly ask about it? he wanted to send a balancing patch to put inside the tire, are you kidding? c'mon, take care of your product,we both always place in the top three every year at detroit autorama since 1984 so we are not new to this.

26. Hopefully Cody will chime in on this and maybe just PM you... and explain what the problem is . I know alot of guys up here(Pacific NW) that have run his tires without problems... Hope things work there way out...

27. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I know the guy mentioned above as well. He's no rookie when it comes to cars and one of the nicest guys around. The first place he took them to get mounted would'nt touch them, due to being over 10 yrs old. Next place mounted them, but would'nt balance, because required too much weight, approx. 15 oz per tire. He contacted Cody who said "no way should take that much", must be "the tire shop" or wheels. So, he has them remounted on a new pr of wheels, brings to my place and we put them on a Snap On static balancer and get the same results, 13 oz and 14 oz. Another call to Cody and again "no way" he says and says to "balance using the lug pattern as suggested on their site". So off again to the tire store and more bucks. They do it Cody's way and result is 17 oz and 19oz. Call cody and still insists that it's not their product, " nobody in Mich. must know what they're doing"! Then he says, " just remove all the weight and drive it like that" So, he tries that too! And you guessed it, bounces like a cheap motel bed. Call back to Cody to tell him that everything has been tried. Cody proceeds to talk to his customer like he's a rookie and piece of shit. Finally he says "send em back and oh, by the way, how's the bead". Well, "tore in a few places, but they're old and fragile, I guess". OH? No, can't help you, "you're SOL"! "Sorry". These tires were professionally mounted and dismounted. What has the bead got to do with the original problem of balancing??? A bunch of us were going to purchase, but not now. If you've had good luck with their tires, consider yourself lucky. BECAUSE if you do have a problem, Cody obviously doesn't care about repeat customers or making things right, at least not at this time. We'll let you know if anything changes, as this ain't how it supposed to be! Paul

28. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

These tires are 10 years old? I just read that and I guess I'm confused. Were they bought 10 years ago or are the casings being recapped as slicks 10 years old?

Sent from my Droid powered Samsung Galaxy S

29. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

the casing they use for the recaps are ten years old as told to us by the tire store, they recap older tires, so i guess its a crap shoot on the core you get with your so called new racing tires, this doesnt sound too good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.