Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coddington question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by new wave terror, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiddy1F1

Fiddy1F1
    from TX

Someone told me that Mike was in a bad wreck with Boyd's son at the salt flats or lake beds and that is how his face got all busted up. I know he was in a wreck cause I remember seeing bits and pieces of some show where he was talking about his recovery. Anyone know if that was the same bad wreck that Boyd's son got hurt in or were they in seperate accidents?

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

anthony AND marky built the roadster for greg coddington.
    same son who took another SHIFTERS members bitchen model A coupe out for a drive without asking at EL MIRAGE with mike riding shot gun. rolled the car and completely totalled it. this was in the middle of the night and niether of them had ever been to EL MIRAGE before. mike was ejected from the model A and hurt very bad.
    both are lucky to be alive!
    and thats the story.
    lets change the subject.

3. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

yeah his son actually "works" on his cars,...Boyd just sits back, bitches every now and then at the people building "his" car and reaps all the benefits.

just my crazy 2 cents,...normally i don't get involved in these posts but i'm been in the mood the past few days i guess.

Jason
    _____ :eek:

4. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

oops my mistake,...forgot about Anthony,....man its not worth posting at 2:00 AM!!! geesh!

Jason

5. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

We'll do it next week then, ring me up.;)

6. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Cyclone Kevin that sure is a story
    thats puts a face to the avoid the boyd phrase...
    fucking bad attitude to treat someone who lent them a cab like that... fucking moron!!

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

It's no lie! defintely "avoid the boyd". He normally takes a big chunk of area @ the L.A. Roadster Show, he wasn't there this year!!! My friend handles all of the commercial vendors & he said that he didn't pre-register. I think that this guy is going down,just like his former company. Alot of people have been burned by him. :mad:

8. RF

RF

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

As the world turns... I walked in that shop with Rob and saw the car sitting there in mock-up form. Remember Rob? I had come to town to pick up the Rivi and then we all caravanned to Paso?

I think Anthony was sleeping in the trunk of a merc after thrashing on that bubble top car all night...

R.

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

rob, we missed you at the show saturday night. carlos from oakland was in town and wanted to see you there.
    hey, we all forgot about the drag racing photo display. i was so busy it slipped my mind.how did it go?

11. RF

RF

Ryan, it not only brings back fond memories of YOU, but of all the time I spent at/in Orange County Rod & Custom! That was home away from home, even if I was only there to consume Miller Lite and carne asada. Them were the days. And thanks for letting me babysit the Scarface Rivi for a couple weeks!

Alex, me an the missus weren't feeling all too well, so we elected to stay home. When's the next RBC gig? That deal at the Museum of Photography is up till October...check it out whenever you get a chance. I'll probably swing by Friday.

12. daign

daign
    from socal

13. daign

daign
    from socal

14. Here's a few more from my albums...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Boyd looks a lot thinner since he gave birth to my baby.

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. cory464

cory464
    from socal

the car is sitting in the back corner of boyds showroom. as of 11/12/2005 it still exists, surrounded by boyds ugly crap to try and hide the true quality of a real rod.

17. Labhis

Labhis

Does this car still exist?

18. fordor41

fordor41

We were in Louisville for that show. I saw all the guys sitting around the cars and we checked all the cars out but I didn't realize we could vote on the best car. Definitely wouldn't have picked Boyd's car. The Alumatub workmanship was beautiful.

19. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well the plugs were not installed when I purchased it. The unit was partially assembled and missing the glass/acrylic panel and the flanges for the gloves as well as the gloves the,selves. I had a pair of gloves that are sand blasting quality that I picked up for less than ten bucks and I ordered the flanges from TP tools. All toll the unit cost less than a hundred buck so I am happy. Once I start to use it I will decide about ordering the improvement kit from Tacoma Tool.

tartar_sammich likes this.
  20. uncle buck

uncle buck

21. BLACKNRED

BLACKNRED

MARCEL 1.JPG MARCEL 2.JPG

Images from 2001

22. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

23. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Nothing like stirring the shit on a 10 year old thread

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. Can we just allow Mr. Coddington to rest in peace.

spiffy1937 and Sporty45 like this.
  25. 117harv

117harv

^^^^ this.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. Naw lets wake him up. :D

Let me tell a Boyd story.

I was at a show around and about before I joined the HAMB. I had tried to talk to a young builder about a car that he had at the show and he blew me off. I don't like to be blown off but that's life I suppose.

I was acquainted with the fella running the show. he saw the whole deal and mentioned that I didn't look like money and I should go check out Boyd's car. Well the car looked like ass to me, hot dog stand colors, goofy wheels, etc. I did like the glass body well enough, it was a tweaked deuce roadster.

Anyway I digress. I was in the process if criticizing the car (which is not right by the way, you don't like one walk away).Boyd walks up to me and introduces himself. It didn't make me feel really tall at that point. We spent an hour or so discussing likes and dislikes. Went and found hot dogs and coffee then wandered around the show together looking at cars and chatting. He didn't care if I had money and knew I wasn't going to buy anything from him.

he didn't build cars like we like, he built stuff he could sell to people with money. I guess he had enough because not having money didn't seem to be an issue with him.

Ok go back to sleep Mr Coddington.

tomkelly88, bowie and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. Probably need to pay attention to where you are posting things ........

28. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Thats pretty cool right there!!! .now lets let the man rest.

Sporty45 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.