Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Death By Anglia!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DuckusCrapus, Mar 25, 2011.

1. dirtfan50

dirtfan50
    from Kentucky

Great looking anglias ! I have a 52 in the process ..

Attached Files:

• e.jpg
      e.jpg
      File size:
      496 KB
      Views:
    • e1.jpg
      e1.jpg
      File size:
      493.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Finally a little to show on this project. With all the drama, illness and financial BS, I am finally getting some things done. None of this would be happening without a few good friends. These guys have really helped me out and gotten my head back in the game.

Here are some before and after pics on some sheet metal repair:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DC

3. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

The traffic indicator slots were also needed to be filled. The one on the passenger side was already half assed done. Someone brazed a piece of sheet metal on the back side and then filled the canyon with bondo. All that came out and we had to patch a much larger spot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DC

4. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

The rear tail pan and deck lid were pretty trashed. I purchased a new tail panel that came in three pieces. The center part was acceptable, but the corner pieces were absolute garabage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The decklid flat out just made me give up. It was rough to start with. Rust major dents and every fastener in the hinge setup had broken out and required drilling. We started on the decklid trying to patch the damage and drill out the broken fasteners, but the $120 new pin on fibeglass deck lid started looking like the way to go after several hours of putzing with it. Here is they way it was when I walked away from it.

[​IMG]

DC

5. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

This part is cool due to the fact it is closer to the rolling stage. Olskoolgsr narrowed a 9" housing for me and we got the ladder bars mocked up and the cross member installed. Not totally in but much further than it was.

[​IMG]

Hoping to get the trans cross member and the front ladder bar brackets in within the week.

DC

6. Sweet project. Glad your back to making progress.

I'm hard at it on my Anglia. Hoping to see some track time this season.

7. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Thanks. It has been a rough year for gettin things done in the shop. I hope to have mine roughed in by the end of the season as well.

DC

8. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

nice set up even better to me that its on the frame of the car it came with, like it used to be done . keep up the march on it you will be having fun soon.

9. Larry T

Larry T

What size wheels and slicks are you gonna run?
    Did you move the axle back a little? The tires sometimes get a little close to the frame at the front of the wheelwell with stock axle location.
    It's gonna be a handful!
    Larry T

10. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

We measured a ton to make sure I would have clearance. I am going to run 15x10 Halibrands out back on M&H 10.5 slicks. The tread of the slick should hang just past the fender lip by about 2"s and we should have about 1.5" of clearance on the outside of the frame rail. According to papaer it should clear. We will see after the tires get here.

I am keeping the thing dead nuts 90 inches on the wheel base. I know most people stretch the front and rear an inch each way, but decided to put it back original. I was also dead set on the stock frame too.

I hope it is a handfull! I want it to be a religious experience every time I drive it. LOL

Thanks for the comments.

DC

11. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Looking good man! Love those little Anglias'. Someday I'll have me one! johnny loper's "Little Hoss" is my favoite!

12. Nice! I have an Anglia project as well, just waiting to finish my current project first..

[​IMG]

13. Not trying to be critical here, just thought this bears mentioning.

It appears as though the housing ends have been fully welded to the housing (during the shortening) before the ladder bar brackets (and possibly shock mounts) have been positioned and fully welded. It is generally best to just tack the housing ends on until all of the brackets have been installed to take into account any warping that may occur to the housing during the installation of any brackets.

I suggest it might be in your best interest to return the housing to the shop/person who narrowed it, after all of the brackets have been welded, so you can verify that no warping did occur or that you need to reposition and reweld the ends because housing warpage did occur. It is simply a matter of installing the shortening "jig" (assuming one was used during the shortening process).

I say "it appears" ... if I am wrong ... carry on.

14. Why did you name your car HAMB ONE???:D

15. LOL!... Never thought of it like that... That was on the door already when I got it. I've since traded those fiberglass doors for steel..

16. rlsteel

rlsteel

You Cant have to many Anglia,s RLS

17. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Love the Anglias. Very first car was a 48 Prefect back in 63. Still looking for the "Cali Bros" A/G Anglia raced in the mid to late 60s.

Subscribed

Pat

Attached Files:

18. Igosplut

Igosplut

One of the most unstable cars I ever drove was a Anglia with a overdriven 6-71 smallblock. The way the suspension was set up was for shit, and with the small wheelbase it was crazy. All I did was put the motor in and it scared the hell out of the owner so bad, he ended up selling it shortly after......

19. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

Looking Good !!!!

20. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

I got a set of Halibrands for the rear, but couldn't find anything in my price range for the front, so I got me a set of skinny slots. They were not in the best of shape but I was hoping a little elbow grease would make them ok. I started on the more garfed up wheel, and it came out better than I thought. The other wheel has fewer nicks and scratches so it ought to be easy to clean up.

[​IMG]

Can't make up my my on tires for these. I am running M&H slicks out back but really like the skinny Pro-Trac tires from Coker. I got no money and a lot more to do before it rolls, so I can chew on that for a while.

DC

21. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I got my Pro trac 560 x 15's for my willys from summit, I like them a lot

22. What's the problem Pat? It's for sale right there in your picture ! :D

23. tjmercury

tjmercury

Definitely be cool when its finished!

24. Lucky3

Lucky3

Ok, the 2x4 seat braces won't pass tech ! :D:D:D
    Keep diggin Duck Man...see ya in the stagin lanes in Tulsa !

25. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

Remember me? Probably not. LOL Been busy with health and other issues for months and finally getting back on this SLOWWWWW project.

Well.....bought some parts, but nothing super exciting to take pics of. Got some Morel solid roller lifters and some roller rockers on the way. Also bought front rotors, bearings, calipers and pads for the front end.

Got a Griffin radiator for Christmas. Looks good, but I am wondering on if it is going to keep this thing cool.

Patched some holes in the cowl....more exciting bliss...

Also made some motor mounts:

[​IMG]

Gave up on the deck lid and got a glass one from Unlimited:

[​IMG]

Hope to have some better pics and details this weekend.

DC

26. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

More hurdles in life, but I am not giving up. Been doing a little here and there, but mostly saving and buying parts.

Did happen to make a milstone today. Got the car off the frame jig. It is still a pile of crap and needing many many hours of work, but I am getting close to getting the thing rolling.

Maybe "Death by Anglia" means I am going to die of old age before it runs? LOL

Here it is off the jig.

[​IMG]

DC

27. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Cool. Keep at it.

28. You are right on track on axle housing preparations. They will crawl and move while welding brackets. Best to be checked before assuming everything is straight.
    My work has been checked by another eye with experience.

29. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Duck, congrats buddy on the removal from the frame jig. I know the feeling of things taking forever. Still making slow progress on mine.