Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mr. Sunday!-Sunday!-Sunday! is gone...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cosmo, Jan 13, 2010.

1. jimdillon

jimdillon

Although I heard a number of voices that seemed somewhat similar at various tracks, I am quite sure "the voice" in Detroit was Jon Lundberg. This past summer he attended the Detroit Dragway reunion that was held at Milan and was signing autographs.

Like many others I have many great memories that were the result of all of those commercials-Jim

2. Kenny DFW

Kenny DFW

EVERY drag strip pn the planet used the "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!" promotional line.....and I've heard lots of people claim to have started it....including my Dad who was a voice over/radio guy and did commercials for Houston International Rceway when I was a kid....

3. We had those adds in Omaha as well. I always wondered if the same guy recorded adds for the whole region.
    Sad to hear his voice has been silenced this side of the pearly gates.
    He probably has the same job announcing three mass times a day, each Sunday, in heaven ...

4. Yeah, here in Cincinnati also, loved it. Sorry to hear about our loss.

5. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

I remember those ads well. they bring back vivid memories of being @ 13, working my summer job- detassling corn:( with a tiny transistor AM radio tuned to WLS in chicago, on my belt. sweating my ass off in a head high corn field in the blazing sun. what a horrible way for a 13 yr old to spend the summer. but I earned enough $$$ for the 10 speed bike my folks wouldn't buy me, and learned what work ethic was.

6. The original!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jDYzidMqq4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. frank spittle

frank spittle

NBC Today show weatherman Al Roker keeps the legendary Sunday,Sunday,Sunday alive with his weekend forecast each Friday. When he gets to the Sunday forecast it is SUNDAY-SUNDAY-SUNDAY with revirb and then the forecast...really cool. You just know he heard some of those original commercials.

8. Deuces

Deuces

Same here for Detroit Dragway.....
    I remember listening to the "BiG 8" AM 800 when I was 11 years old back in '71.. :(:(:(

9. Deuces

Deuces

I was a "BiG 8" fan also in the early '70's... I remember..

10. Deuces

Deuces

They have a drag strip in heaven also.... So, he's still busy doing his thing... ;)

11. Jan also hosted a American Bandstand type show in Chicago called Up Tempo on WCIU channel 26. I was a regular on that show during my senior year in high school. He and I got along well because we were both gearheads. Lost touch with him when I got drafted, but did see him again years later hosting a motor cycle event in Detroit. He still remembered me even tho I now had much longer hair and mustache. Good times....