Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Some old farm trucks sitting in a buddy's back lot. I've been trying for years to get him to pull them all out of the weeds and pricker bushes and line them all up to see.

Attached Files:

2. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

The Mack in the above pics still gets used a lot around the property, the one in this bunch actually ran about 7 years ago, and it had been sitting for quite a long time.

Attached Files:

3. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

These pics must be in to large a format to post together, only a few from each post have made it up. This is the second Mack

4. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

lets try that again :cool:

5. Arieldouglas

Arieldouglas

If you think itis too far gone, you should check out rebelstew's build on Scroungers web site!

6. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

Last try

Attached Files:

7. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

8. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

Dear Lord, please tell me someone saved her...

9. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

I posted these on another thread, but I like these pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

The bottom row of pics in the above post are of an early Pierce Arrow truck used for logging in Colorado. It's complete and even still has the trailer tag along for the trees to rest on. The radiator is also Pierce and there are a few motors lying around. The fire truck is a Seagrave but powered with a Pierce. It will be getting pulled out of the weeds soon, probably this summer and restored back to day one. The other pics are of old farm trucks that have been there since they retired. The farm bought them new.

Attached Files:

11. That antique Pierce Arrow truck would certainly fall in the category Industrial Heritige.

12. 1927 Death Trap,

Thanks as always for the pics- my father-in-law used to live in RI, so it's kiiling me that I don't have an alterior motive for desperately wanting to come up!!!

Is the Jeep (Willys MB or Ford GPW) for sale?

[​IMG]

13. Moon4975

Moon4975
    from Texas

I have this 57 ford F-350 in the back yard.

Attached Files:

14. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

was cruzin back woods East Texas this weekend when we pasted an old farm stead with a barn lot full of stuff.....i stopped, backed up and damn if there wasn't a perfect belly tank half sitting in a support frame behind the barn. I quickly backed up to the farm house and inquired if it was maybe for sale..,.turns out the farmers son used it as a watering trough for his 4H prize winning pig over 40 years ago, just too sentimental a piece to turn loose of... i left my number but got a feeling i won't get that call,LOL

15. jick

jick
    from london

I was having a chat with my postman yesterday about old cars etc, (he was asking about the various heavy packages that arrive at my house from the USA)
    Anyway, he told me about a large American looking car only about 800 yards from my house?! he says its been there at least 6 years that he knows of.
    its hidden away behind a wall & fence in a small communal carpark that belongs to a group of 7 flats. you'd never be able to spot it from just passing by.
    so.....1952 Buick right?
    keep in mind this is in fairly central London, this is a very unusual find.....and i'm gonna make some enquiries about it.....i've always wanted to have a hotrod AND a Kustom??
    here's all i can see of it, from as close as i can get.
    [​IMG]

16. Yes definitely a 52 Buick, 51 Buick bumperguards are only on top of the bumper.
    Nice one, try to save it.

17. 31ford429

31ford429
    from Florida

found one during the winter time while i was out cutting fire wood 31 ford coupe stopped and bs with the guy about his 1954 ford pickup going back this spring to see if he will sell i'm hopefully he seemed like a nice guy just didn't want to ask and not have the money to buy

18. 46stude

46stude

Well, I got it. Ruuuuusty, man. Real rusty. Gonna pull the plugs & pour some penatrant down the cylinders, then see if the flathead V8 will turn....

Attached Files:

19. alittle1

alittle1

If I could make a suggestion to you, why don't you go to the local feed store and buy a watering trough, take it back with you and offer to trade him for the belly tank and a sack of fed if necessary.

20. jazz1

jazz1

I was walking a property taking a look at 50 odd pre 60's trucks for sale..It was an estate sale but for some reason they only list about 4 of the cars for sale and there must have been 50 pre 65 cars. It was sealed bid auction and a further conversation with the vendor I learned one buyer took almost all the trucks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  21. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

He said he wouldn't sell it for sentimental reasons, and it was used as a trough 40 years ago, so it's my guess that the prize winning pig wouldn't be eating any of that feed you'd be throwing in as a bonus.

22. froghawk

froghawk

Wow! A '56 Monarch! Looks a tad rough though...

23. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

I like seeing the subtle differences between US and Canadian cars and trucks.

24. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Over the weekend I found an old house with some cars sitting out, some with for sale signs. They must have been there for awhile though as the signs on the cars were faded and the number couldn't be made out. Nobody appeared to be home, but I plan on checking back into it. There was a '52 Stude, Kaiser, and rest were late 50s Ramblers. I also saw a guy with some small European import probably 50s and a '58 Merc, I stopped to ask about them and could see there were lots more behind a fence in the back, but the "junk" wasn't for sell.

25. jazz1

jazz1

26. 327Eric

327Eric

I have been after that car since about 06. A lady ownsit, and is going to restore it someday. It is a 53 with 55 grille. There is (was)a 71 challenger right up the street there, same story.

27. Rocket88

Rocket88

This has been sitting beside my nephew's house for over 10 years.
    They get quite offended if anyone inquires about it, the're going to fix it up one day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. jazz1

jazz1

Many of these are vehicles that dreamers brought out to store at this guys property for a while till they were ready to work on 'em,,,many owners have since passed on,,the projects never touched. I know a guy buying up "projects" that will never see a wrench,,in fact I sold him one and he stores out at a vacant property..Last time out there some douchebag had "discovered" the treasure trove and stole a 52 IHC front fender.

[​IMG]

29. Sauli

Sauli

Hey Continental, how´d You make out with the pics of that 100-or so - 30s-60s car collection You mentioned a few weeks ago? Come on, lets see some Texas patina!

30. Ran across this the other day, 36 chevy on a plymouth frame, ran an inline six with three one barrels. It had all the old stickers and three class winners up on the roof.

[​IMG]