Register now to get rid of these ads!

my sick 1933 ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketDaemon, Jan 17, 2007.

1. bill3337

bill3337

Underside of roof panel 001.jpg

Underside of roof panel 002.jpg

Underside of roof panel 003.jpg

Underside of roof panel 004.jpg Ok, here are the pics. My buddy made the panel from a mid 60's mercedes roof, then hand formed a "J" type edge to the perimeter and tig welded it all together. It took a little minor shaping to match the profile of the 33 roof, but not much. In the picture the sealant looks white, but it is just light reflecting off the sealant, it is actually black.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. junk fiend

junk fiend

sicky gnar gnar bro!!

3. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

4. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Bill3337, awesome i appriate you taking time and showing these pics, think this might be an good solution for me aswell, thanx!

5. Looking Good Daemon! This is one car I am really looking forward to seeing the end product. Fantastic build!

6. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any updates?

7. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

minor updates, i sold my 1930 ford roadster body and frame to clear some bills and to get money to start to build on this car again,

also i orderd an pair of 15x4 wheels from Vintage Engineering, LLC.
    magnesium 5 spokes in 5x5.5" bolt pattern, should be a dead on replica of the american racing 15x4" 5 spoke, got tired to search ebay
    i've tried to email vintage eng some while back but couldnt reach them must have been an temporary problem as now i got a hold of Ray Franklin of Vintage Engineering, LLC.

these wheels seem to have real high quality that surely will surpass the quality of 1960's magnesium american racing wheels,
    sometimes remakes/replicas of old cool stuff is an valid route to go.

check em out!.

http://www.vintageeng.com/
    http://www.vintageeng.com/MG19.html

within a week i hope to have moved my 34 coupe to another garage and start to build on it again.

going to try to sell my 1941 buick convert and 1955 studebaker also to put more money into this build....

also some months ago i found an fairbanks finned oil pan for th400 that has fairbanks casted into it for my fairbanks th400 turboclutch transmisson. really cool and probally not that easy to find.

will post some new pics next week when the car is moved and some more work are done and such...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  8. 3day

3day
    from UK

Any progress?

9. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Yes there have been some progress actually, i will post some new pics soon, probably going to take a few weeks but the project is slowly progressing... :)

10. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome! Can't wait to see more of this way cool build as it progresses!!

Doc.

11. 3day

3day
    from UK

cant wait to see, was loving the way your build was going.

12. Jalopy Journalist

Jalopy Journalist
    from Austin, TX

Everyone keeps saying nice chop, but I have to say, those wheels have got to go. They make it look like a toy.:D

Seriously though, I love your build. I can't wait to see it done.

13. Besty34

Besty34

34 with a Fordson grill

Attached Files:

14. Dameon's direct quote! "kinda fun to read my first input on this car in the first post in this thread, some things are not going to stay the same"

I got news for you, your face is going to stay the same! Hahahahaa... I'll say what the people are afraid to say!

Your face and your car are sexy ole friend!

It is funny to read your posts in this thread and see how you talk about selling this car or that car along the way of this build. I only wish my old computer was up and running so I could drop a pic or two of your old warehouse filled with old tin. You should have been on the hoarders show for sure. We had fun those days in Sweden! I love those pics of us working on you car I have. I think the tats have doubled since then.

Car looks sick bro! Miss ya, I will return!!! I really miss my three window...

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Any progress pics on the '33? Can't wait to see more of this one...

16. I have been looking at your posts for years and I have to ask this. Why the tattoo's all over the face? What do you do for a living? I have a hard time imagining you working in any reputable business. I really dig that you are so into this hotrod stuff and you know what you are doing but I am having a hard time trying to figure out how you make a living? I am not casting dispersions at all just wondering like a lot of us I'm sure. To each ther own. Sincerly a fellow 34 owner and a guy with tattoo's as well(Just not on my face)

17. Welp, looks like I opened up a can of worms! Hahaaa...

Daemon is like me on here, sometimes on a lot at once, then disappears for awhile.

I think he works in computer art of some sort. Which would make sence I guess. Life has changed where if you are talented enough, you can work from home or in an art environment where sometimes oddness is accepted if not encouraged.

I too have a lot of tattoos. None on face. My mom would kill me, she told me! Hahaaa. I have thought about it too. I always thought the scarier the cooler! My parents were cool growing up. My dad was a surfer/drummer/car/bike guy. Not a biker, just enjoyed a little of all extracurricular activities. My dad hung out with a guy named Dominic the pirate. Deemed that because of his look, tattoos and long hair. I followed that guy around as a kid. I remember watching the worm in his tequila bottle get closer and closer to the end. I couldn't believe something so ugly was in his drink. I attribute my tats to growing up watching this nut. He may have looked like a nut, but he was a gentleman. Most old tattoos guys are actually. Some of us like to look like we are nuts, and some of us are! Hahaa. Some of us don't care who thinks what, and we do what we want. I have actually had all great experiences with people and my tattoos. Kids actually love them, obviously. So do hot moms! Hahaa. Cool old war vets, artists etc. Me and stiff biz people never really hang out anyway. My only weird conversations pertaining my tattoos are that I have the word SPEED written on my neck, with checkered flags too. Some people have asked me why I tattooed a drug of choice on my neck! Hahaaaa. Oh well, that god my name isn't Dick. Hahaaa.

Last year when I had my son I thought I might get a real job. My sister got asked to leave her position as an in house artist to go to be the in house artist for restoration hardware. She told them she loved her job and wouldn't leave. She told them what they needed really was me. They asked me to call them. After talking to me on phone and explaining all that I've done in design and furniture making, I got the job. The lady was hanging up when I said wait! It then dawned on me I should explain I have neck tattoos and knuckle tattoos. They then passed on me. Doh!!! People say I should have kept my mouth shut and I may have made it in by a loop hole. Who cares! Glad I didn't take the job. I watch my boy, play drums all day, work on my cars and bike, sit at beach with my new Hamb app, and still design and make furniture and any other weird shit someone wants to pay me to do. Life is good for my tattooed ass! Actually, I still have a little space down there! Ha!

My son of course can do what he wants, but I'll surely tell him he doesn't need them. I did kind of paint myself into a corner with all the hipsters. Hahaaa.

18. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

you know it's funny I have a brother who is an X H/A with the club tattoo and others but has a genius IQ incredibly intelligent! he used to get judged until people got to know him. I meet you at LAR's 2 years ago at that time was thinking after you left how people must judge you based on your
    tatt's....because you kinda get a metal impression someone when you see them... but I still remember what a nice guy you were and enjoyed speaking with you.

19. Thanks J., nice meeting you out there!

Always love my trips out there and meeting all you guys. My California friends are always checking in with me, it's nice to know you all and keep in touch. If you guys ever need any help out this way, give a buzz.

I also tend to help a lot of Europeans and stay in touch with a lot of them too. What a great hot rod planet we have!

It's time for me to get back to Sweden, Germany, Italy, and Kali. Recently made some new friends in Italy when I sent a 32 three window that way. Haven't been there yet.

See you at Lars J.

20. klazurfer

klazurfer

Nice "sick" car in progress :) keep us updated ..:)

Klaz

21. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

been awhile,hows this car coming along?

22. marman1950

marman1950

Can't wait to see it on it's wheels!

23. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Yeah i'm not logging in so often some times just to check whats going on,
    been real bad and slow to reply to pm's checking hamb from my phone and forgetting to get back and reply to pms etc.. not trying to be rude just have had tons of stuff taking my focus.

You are more then welcome to stay at my place mel. , i would say i insist that you come and stay with me if you can Mel!

no real car updates sadly yet, i've been dealing with life i have delt with my economy and sold off almost half of my stuff, going to move soon, have moved 3 times the past 1½ years, got a new son in october, dealt with life in general, also i am in a custody battle with my ex for my son whom she have been trying to block any contact with without any real reasons, going pretty good there have an regular contact and visits with him, hope to have him living with me in the future fulltime but moms always got the advantage.

Hoarding for sure, my dad is way way way way worse, i've minimised my stuff so much i cant really be called a hoarder anymore, delt with it still unloading stuff everyweek, only got 2 cars right now, 2 1934's, still got most of my olds rocket stuff left, but i do not have 30 arcade games and not 10 pinball machines or almost no old video games left at all, i used to have 30-40 different consoles and computers with games and shit barely have anything left right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHKZoWeo1o
    Here is a video i shot like 4-5-6 years ago or something, of our old garage
    most stuff is my dads there is the 34 in the begining, i had then like 1/10th of the stuff that is in this video... the video shows like less then half of the stuff my dad has...

about working, i look like hell i suppose :)
    but haven't had any real problems with work, been working at the same company for over 16 years, and well didnt have all these tattoos when i first started but gotten them along , my bosses just thinks im crazy in a good scence i suppose, i got
    the best bosses and working friends i could ask for, really good working enviroment.
    i'm doing computer cut vinyl that are sent to stores , i often go out to stores and put up the graphics and texts aswell, anything from signs in stores showing what department is that way or opening hours on windows etc.. pays pretty ok aswell..

car is not forgotten will happen, sold and selling of stuff to make sure it will happen, eventhough alot of money go into life for food and electricity and living , the 34 coupe is my baby and will come along real shorty, tomorrow i will atleast move tons of part boxes to the garage where the car is at, was out in the garage yesterday and rubbed my weiner on it.. no not really but looked and made some planning in my head atleast..

anyways time to really make something of of this then to waste 10 more years of buying and buying more and more cars and stuff that will just sit on shelves.

Plans change along the way, have had huge plans for the coolest paint job ever or something, just trying to focus to get it on its wheels and running, and think of paint and finish for the next step. would rather just drive the hell out of it in flat paint then to let it take 10 more years to get it half done just to get paint on it and probally just sitting in the end..

setup is as it used to be i suppose with minor changes..

24. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

atleast i can take some pics of the body as it sits today without the frame will try to post some later today.

thanx anyways for all the intrest guys, curbspeed your coupe is turning out great! checkin in on your thread all the time, and mel i love your 34 roadster. checking in on that aswell all the time i am on the hamb.

as for tattoos, more will come, will do more on my head and throat and face other side gonna be as filled as the filled one.. doing spiderweb ontop of head , got some 20 hours worth of tattooing to pickup from a tattooer for some work trade i did a whileback so soon i hope :)

25. EMPEROR CHUCKYBOY

EMPEROR CHUCKYBOY

Those headers look killer keep up the good work!!!!!

26. Glad your alive! You'll see me again!

I took a 10 minute break from work today as friends were in town and at my buddies tattoo parlor. Man, I got the itch today. Think I'm going to sneak back soon for a little something. More pics!

27. 60 ford

60 ford

28. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

little update... mounted tires onto the wheels

rear 16x11" american racing magnesium
    front 15x4" vintage engineering magnesium (exact copy of american racing)

tires mickey thompson, rear ultra rare 16" sportsman pro tires..

note the tires are leaned to an model a chassi the 1934 chassi is visible behind the chassi, (model t body on the 1934 chassi is for the model a chassi...)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  29. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

tomorrow front axle + some other stuff will be painted...

30. GoJoMoJo

GoJoMoJo
    from Sonora

Your car looks great Rocket! have you fired the olds yet? sadest day of my life when I had to sell it but the economy and life hit me hard in 2009.